Collapse
234 results in 0.0810 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Capt Weasel
    replied to I give up.
    If ya' give up you'll never know what you could have created. Practice and keep challenging yourself but don't shoot for the moon right off the bat. Give it time.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Capt Weasel
    started a topic Pattern making tutorial

Pattern making tutorial

Where can I find a tutorial on making patterns using Elements? I've been using Andy Deanes but was wanting to look and see what else people are doing step. I'd like to see different peoples approach to pattern making so I can learn from them and maybe combine and refine the various steps.
    See more | Go to post

• Capt Weasel
    started a topic BB stain absorption

BB stain absorption

Has anyone ever had BB absorb stain unevenly? I've had a couple pieces that seem to do this. I've been using Danish oil and that was fine but I've begun using various light colored stains as a change of pace but run into the uneven stain issue. Should I use some conditioner first like you would on a...
    See more | Go to post

• Capt Weasel
    started a topic Help with design

Help with design

Need some help with requested pattern that I've got half done. I'm working with Elements 6. The request is for 3 different dogs done in a portrait style piece. I have the individual patterns done but now I need to incorporate them onto one page. How can I do that? Do I do it in Elements or something...
    See more | Go to post

• There was a time not long ago when it was very hard to find good Native American patterns, but not any more. I will be getting some from ya' in the not so distant future I promise.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• What will the mouse do for me? Is it a must have item or will the pen be sufficient? I would get the Bamboo with the mouse and Elements 5 but if I do that I'm stuck with $100 of Best Buy gift certificates after I return Elements 6 I don't need. If the mouse isn't really necc. I'll get the Bamboo that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Should I get the Bamboo with or with out the mouse? Is a mouse really needed? Amazon has one without the mouse for about $57 and one with a mouse that comes with the software bundle for around $90. I don't need the software because I checked with Best Buy and any refund will be given back on another...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Capt Weasel
    started a topic Wacom purchase help quick please?

Wacom purchase help quick please?

This is kind of an offshoot of another thread of mine. Following some advice I think I'm going to get a Wacom tablet. My question is what size is best for pattern work? I see Amazon has a good deal on a Bamboo small with Elements 5 and also have an 8x6 without software. Would the small be good enough...
    See more | Go to post

• Capt Weasel
    replied to Elements 6 or PSP?
    Let me see if I'm getting it now. When people say Elements 6 isn't worth the upgrade from 5 they mean they can do what they need with 5 and 6 bwould be a waste of money. Not that 6 is a bad program but that it doesn't do anything new that can't already do. Whereas in my case since I don't have anything...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Capt Weasel
    I would "Amazon" it but I have 100 bucks of Best Buy cards to use ad there is nothing else there that I would want.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Capt Weasel
    My problem is that I don't have anything at all. I had the Elements 5 trial version that lasted 30 days and that was it. Elements 6 is the only thing Best Buy has. I'd rather use Elements but if 6 is a bad or buggy program I'll get something else. If its just like 5 except newer I'll get it. Don't get...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Capt Weasel
    started a topic Elements 6 or PSP?

Elements 6 or PSP?

Its time to cash in my X-mas gift certificates. I asked for them so I could get the full version of Elements 5 since my trial expired and it was what I was some what familier with. Well as my luck would have it I couldn't find it. All Best Buy has is Elements 6 and Corel PSP. Does anybody have any experience...
    See more | Go to post

• Capt Weasel
    replied to If Money were no Object...
    If money were no object I'd stick with my 788 and build a bigger shop for starters. I love my 788 and its making me money so I'd probably stick with it. I like the large table it is esp. with portraits but a deeper throat would be nice. Hook me up with a 788 with a 30" throat and I'd be happy as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Capt Weasel
    started a topic Bloodwood trouble.

Bloodwood trouble.

Recently cut a piece using bloodwood. The wood itself looks great and dab a coat of danish oil on it and it looks even better. But it seems that it took forever for the oil to dry. It took alot longer than usual and thats with good weather to boot. I'm also having trouble getting it to glue up and hold....
    See more | Go to post

• Capt Weasel
    replied to GRRRR *#@& rain !!!!!!!!!!
    I'll trade. It hasn't rained my house in 2 months!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Answered
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
No content found
Show More

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
Directory Topics Posts Last Post
Magazine and Members
Welcome Members
A place to introduce yourself and chat about things not necessarily relating to scroll saws or scrolling.
Topics: 3,846 Posts: 28,065
3,846 28,065
Ennobee
by Ennobee
Woodworking Show and Open House
Fox Chapel's Open House and Woodworking Show. www.wood-show.com
Topics: 64 Posts: 666
64 666
Rolf
by Rolf
Author Questions
Post your questions for various Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing authors.
Topics: 320 Posts: 2,390
Last Post: Clock parts ?
320 2,390
Rolf
by Rolf
Off Topic
Here you can discuss anything off topic or just plain chat!
Topics: 9,747 Posts: 106,043
9,747 106,043
Rodney Brown
Sub-Forums:
Jokes (470/1,313)
Special Publicity
A place to post achievement you are proud of: Magazine or Newspaper write ups, shameless self-promotion, etc. Please do not post scrolling projects here.
Topics: 234 Posts: 3,045
Last Post: Man Cave gift
234 3,045
Hobie1dog
Publisher Feedback
Post any feedback you have on Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine or Fox Chapel Publishing Books
Topics: 1,174 Posts: 12,302
1,174 12,302
Upcoming Events
Post announcements of upcoming shows or events.
Topics: 234 Posts: 2,072
234 2,072
Scroll Saw
Beginners Scroll Saw
Post your beginners scroll saw questions here.
Topics: 2,314 Posts: 23,390
Last Post: Bigger Projects
2,314 23,390
Chance13
General Scroll Saw
Post your scroll saw projects that don't fit into any other category or general scroll saw questions here.
Topics: 6,445 Posts: 59,233
6,445 59,233
Sandy Oaks
Works in Process
Post photos and descriptions of ongoing projects
Topics: 1,812 Posts: 20,448
Last Post: House warming sign
1,812 20,448
garryatpa
Scroll Saw Business Side
A place to discuss the business side of scroll sawing, including selling patterns or selling scroll saw artwork.
Topics: 901 Posts: 10,458
Last Post: New season starts
901 10,458
will8989
Scroll Saw Puzzles
A place to post completed puzzles and discuss puzzles and puzzle-making on a scroll saw
Topics: 2,271 Posts: 22,716
Last Post: Creative Station
2,271 22,716
Rolf
by Rolf
Wooden Toys & Scale Models
Post wooden toy project and scale model ideas and projects here.
Topics: 600 Posts: 7,055
600 7,055
Intarsia, Inlay, and Segmentation
A place to post photos and questions about using different colors of wood to create an image.
Topics: 2,481 Posts: 35,055
2,481 35,055
Bowls, Boxes, Compound, and other 3-D Projects
A place to discuss three-dimensional scroll saw projects such as bowls, boxes, and compound-cut designs.
Topics: 2,117 Posts: 21,441
Last Post: Just playing!
2,117 21,441
Linda In Phoenix
Fretwork and Portraits
A place to post your fretwork, clock-making, and portrait projects and questions about fretwork, clock-making, and portraits.
Topics: 4,385 Posts: 44,271
Last Post: cross by Sue May
4,385 44,271
meydenhart
Wood Finishing and Painting
A place to discuss your finishing techniques or products.
Topics: 1,123 Posts: 9,711
Last Post: Finish on Aspen
1,123 9,711
jim_mex
by jim_mex
Tools and Blades
A place to discuss tools, blades, and other mechanical issues.
Topics: 4,270 Posts: 38,509
4,270 38,509
Wood and Materials
A place to discuss wood and other materials for scrolling.
Topics: 1,205 Posts: 10,280
1,205 10,280
Info Exchange
Post scrolling tips and ideas here. The best of the best may be used in the magazine.
Topics: 622 Posts: 5,666
622 5,666
cwmagee
by cwmagee
Patterns
New Scroll Saw Patterns or Designs
A place for designers to show off their new designs or patterns.
Topics: 255 Posts: 1,475
Last Post: Two toy airplanes
255 1,475
Ennobee
by Ennobee
Scroll Saw Pattern Requests
A place to request a scroll saw pattern from the resident designers.
Topics: 2,964 Posts: 15,446
Last Post: Manta Ray
2,964 15,446
Linda In Phoenix
Free Scroll Saw Pattern Vault
A repository of free scroll saw patterns sorted by type.
Topics: 38 Posts: 135
38 135
Scroll Saw Design Tutorials
Tutorials and methods on making scroll saw patterns.
Topics: 89 Posts: 648
89 648
FAQ
Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback
Post your questions, suggestions and feedback on using the message board.
Topics: 538 Posts: 3,562
538 3,562
Working...
X