18 results in 0.0188 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Hoover
    started a topic Spindle Sander

Spindle Sander

Hi been a while since I've posted, summer's over and time to start making puzzles again. I'm looking to purchase in the near future either the Delta or the Jet spindler sander. I looked several months ago at the local woodworking store and am lead to believe the Jet being the better of the...
    See more | Go to post

• Hoover
    replied to Easy Lift?
    I use the easy lift have been for several years now beats hanging onto a block of wood or something else to prop it up all the time, when changing a blade or making inside cuts. I just wish it would have been a bit more user friendly to install and at times the spring vibration(s) at times can just...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to Dewalt Help?
    Ok, I have the very same saw, never an issue with the adjustment/tension of the blade. I've read all the post(s) and have to add one more tid bit here. Nothing is referenced back too if you have the Jim Dandy hold up bar attached to your saw, I do and from time to time I have to give the upper arm...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to Speedy Dewalt 788
    No issues with my DW saw and it's been going now for 6-years some weeks non-stop motor is fine..... if it were my saw I'd keep the old body add the new motor and call it good, wouldn't want to change, plus where I'm at I've got a good factory store that does super good repair work... had a sander fixed...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to What saws do you own

I have a Dewalt Saw......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Going the route of recycled lumber is a great idea, I've had issues with some things I've gotten but for the most part for things other than the puzzles works great!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to Question for Judy Peterson
    Are there any more pattern books in the works ? I'm finally starting to cut puzzles from your last book and really like the cats and dog patterns that are in there.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to Tried my first FD blades tonight
    I've been using the FD3 blade now for over 3-years for everything really super great blade.... I got the size smaller for tiny more detail cuts in some of my puzzle work even after having Mr Flying Dutchman telling me they wouldn't work they worked really well..I have a whole set of storage tubes full...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to Puzzled about blades
    What blade size is best for making puzzles?

I make a lot of puzzles.... I liked the # 2 reverse blades by Olson used lots of those already, but then met Mr Mike, with his Flying Dutchman....blades and have been using them now about 3-years and man they wear well, I'm now...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to Christmas List
    I am wanting a spindle sander also but so far am not sure what brand to look at or purchase. I make a lot of puzzles, and other small items. I have the belt sander by Delta but if you don't hang onto the wooden piece you can get some serious damage.....making oven rack pulls.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to New Scroller Here
    corey welcome.....I too have the DeWalt and have been using it on/off again for a few years now, never an issue which I'm very happy about. good luck and happy scrolling.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to What kind of tape ??
    I use a heavier tape when cutting puzzles, I found that the lighter tape is a pain when removing it from my finished cut project however I found that dental tools work great and save the nails when peeling the tape off....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to Easy Lift...for the Dewalt
    I too have the "arm" on my DeWalt..... and really like it even though I don't do a lot of inside cutting work, but I find at times if I don't pay attention the upper arm of the saw with this on it now just hangs up there about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I also did some vibration (spring noise)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to Digital Cameras?
    I have an older Olympus digital camera being that I've sold them back when I know they have all glass lenses that to me means a lot when taking pictures, like others have said get the best you can afford for the funds available is a good choice.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoover
    replied to Yellowing
    I too was advised by an employee way back when from one of the big box hardware stores to put spar varnish on my outside items also like holiday ornaments and they too got just ugly yellow, but now with my experience through the years I found the Benjamin Moore paint(s) are so durable for exteriour...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Answered
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
No content found
Show More

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
Directory Topics Posts Last Post
Magazine and Members
Welcome Members
A place to introduce yourself and chat about things not necessarily relating to scroll saws or scrolling.
Topics: 3,848 Posts: 28,089
3,848 28,089
Woodworking Show and Open House
Fox Chapel's Open House and Woodworking Show. www.wood-show.com
Topics: 64 Posts: 666
64 666
Rolf
by Rolf
Author Questions
Post your questions for various Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing authors.
Topics: 321 Posts: 2,405
321 2,405
Rolf
by Rolf
Off Topic
Here you can discuss anything off topic or just plain chat!
Topics: 9,758 Posts: 106,108
9,758 106,108
will8989
Sub-Forums:
Jokes (474/1,323)
Special Publicity
A place to post achievement you are proud of: Magazine or Newspaper write ups, shameless self-promotion, etc. Please do not post scrolling projects here.
Topics: 234 Posts: 3,045
Last Post: Man Cave gift
234 3,045
Hobie1dog
Publisher Feedback
Post any feedback you have on Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine or Fox Chapel Publishing Books
Topics: 1,174 Posts: 12,302
1,174 12,302
Upcoming Events
Post announcements of upcoming shows or events.
Topics: 234 Posts: 2,072
234 2,072
Scroll Saw
Beginners Scroll Saw
Post your beginners scroll saw questions here.
Topics: 2,314 Posts: 23,396
2,314 23,396
Rolf
by Rolf
General Scroll Saw
Post your scroll saw projects that don't fit into any other category or general scroll saw questions here.
Topics: 6,447 Posts: 59,243
6,447 59,243
Works in Process
Post photos and descriptions of ongoing projects
Topics: 1,813 Posts: 20,461
Last Post: Sneak peak
1,813 20,461
will8989
Scroll Saw Business Side
A place to discuss the business side of scroll sawing, including selling patterns or selling scroll saw artwork.
Topics: 901 Posts: 10,468
Last Post: New season starts
901 10,468
will8989
Scroll Saw Puzzles
A place to post completed puzzles and discuss puzzles and puzzle-making on a scroll saw
Topics: 2,271 Posts: 22,718
Last Post: Creative Station
2,271 22,718
Rolf
by Rolf
Wooden Toys & Scale Models
Post wooden toy project and scale model ideas and projects here.
Topics: 600 Posts: 7,055
600 7,055
Intarsia, Inlay, and Segmentation
A place to post photos and questions about using different colors of wood to create an image.
Topics: 2,484 Posts: 35,080
2,484 35,080
Bowls, Boxes, Compound, and other 3-D Projects
A place to discuss three-dimensional scroll saw projects such as bowls, boxes, and compound-cut designs.
Topics: 2,121 Posts: 21,484
2,121 21,484
Fretwork and Portraits
A place to post your fretwork, clock-making, and portrait projects and questions about fretwork, clock-making, and portraits.
Topics: 4,386 Posts: 44,279
Last Post: A Bear In The Woods
4,386 44,279
garryatpa
Wood Finishing and Painting
A place to discuss your finishing techniques or products.
Topics: 1,124 Posts: 9,730
1,124 9,730
Tools and Blades
A place to discuss tools, blades, and other mechanical issues.
Topics: 4,273 Posts: 38,534
4,273 38,534
Wood and Materials
A place to discuss wood and other materials for scrolling.
Topics: 1,205 Posts: 10,280
1,205 10,280
Info Exchange
Post scrolling tips and ideas here. The best of the best may be used in the magazine.
Topics: 622 Posts: 5,666
622 5,666
cwmagee
by cwmagee
Patterns
New Scroll Saw Patterns or Designs
A place for designers to show off their new designs or patterns.
Topics: 255 Posts: 1,475
Last Post: Two toy airplanes
255 1,475
Ennobee
by Ennobee
Scroll Saw Pattern Requests
A place to request a scroll saw pattern from the resident designers.
Topics: 2,965 Posts: 15,450
2,965 15,450
will8989
Free Scroll Saw Pattern Vault
A repository of free scroll saw patterns sorted by type.
Topics: 38 Posts: 135
38 135
Scroll Saw Design Tutorials
Tutorials and methods on making scroll saw patterns.
Topics: 89 Posts: 648
89 648
FAQ
Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback
Post your questions, suggestions and feedback on using the message board.
Topics: 540 Posts: 3,570
Last Post: Kit order from Rolf
540 3,570
Rolf
by Rolf
Working...
X