281 results in 0.0165 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Old Mooner
    started a topic New Pattern/Project Computer Program

New Pattern/Project Computer Program

Those of you who are familiar with the "MeonaPumpkin" computer software may be aware already that Carving Technologies has come up with a new software package called "Coyote" that allows the scroll sawyer easily make project patterns for both fretwork and intarsia designs. It is...
    See more | Go to post

• Old Mooner
    replied to old mooner.
    Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes. I 'preciate them all. I'm still around, just haven't posted much lately because I have reverted back to carving for a while and have nothing to add to most of the discussions.
    Its hard for me to realize I have been around for as long as I have....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to Neals New Book
    Received mine a couple days ago. Way to go Neal! Outstanding! Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work.
    Moon
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to ? for spiral blade users
    I agree with Bill. I use spiral blades a lot and find that just slowing the feed rate in complicated areas helps a bunch. The speed of the saw is up to you and your technique. Remember that a "pattern" is just that--a pattern. Admittedly, you have to be creful to not "mess up"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to Spiral Blades
    Well, let me add my nickel's worth. I have used spirals for a long time and find them very useful and not hard to use at all. 'Course they take some getting used to after using flats exclusively. I use 2/0 flat end spirals from Olson most of the time and have had no problem with them "snapping"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to Workshop ponderings
    I have to agree with Neal and Gill. Sorry Kevin. Anything posted on a forum is fair game and should be discussed and passed on. "Tutorials" containing common knowledge materials like finishing techniques, etc cannot be considered "owned" by any one individual. Zaffino has mentioned...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to Saw Blades for a beginner
    There are no "blades for a beginner." All the different blades have different characteristics and are like musical instruments. What works best for one sawer might not work so well for another. You have to try different sizes, types, and brands to come up with your own "best."...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to Portrait framing
    Bruce--you are gonna get all kinds of answers to your question, but I, personally, put mine under glass/acrylic. Otherwise dust will get between the frets and the black (I'm assuming black) background even if you don't get broken pieces. The glass also keeps the fretwork from bowing/curling due to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to How about a TV Show
    I agree with you Neal, but unfortunately Gill is correct concerning the "younger" generation. They lose interest quickly and most of them can't stand to read. My internet economics classes always filled up before the standard lecture/textbook classes. The strange thing is that more books...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to Need Some Help
    I don't know what kind of "oderless mineral spirits" you used Neal, but if it had linseed oil in it it will take forever to dry. Back when I was a "painter" in art school, we used turpentine or linseed oil as a medium because that is all there was and it takes "oil" paint...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Evie--The procedure you describe is the one used by Jeff Zaffino, but he does it after he cuts. Soaking the whole thing after it has been cut gets all the inside areas as well. 1/2 spirits and 1/2 BLO really makes the grain stand out and is a great finish (I have used it) but it takes several days...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to Wildwood Designs
    Having said that, I must tell you that I am no longer a customer at either Wildwood Designs or the Winfield Collection because of their policies on their so-called copyrights. No, I don't mean to open up again the copyright thing. I think that has been beaten to death.
    Moon
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied to Wildwood Designs
    Whoopee! Way to go Evie! While I can see W.Y.'s point, I don't necessarily agree ith it. I will feel free to introduce and discuss any topic I see fit. It is completely possible that the same topic may be being discussed in many forums at the same time without me having any knowledge of that fact....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I think part of the problem with people posting is the summer doldrums and vacation time. It usually picks up in the wintertime. Speaking for myself, I sometimes get weary with the same stuff being repeated over and over. I realize, however, that there is a need for repetition for the new members....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Answered
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
No content found
Show More

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
Directory Topics Posts Last Post
Magazine and Members
Welcome Members
A place to introduce yourself and chat about things not necessarily relating to scroll saws or scrolling.
Topics: 3,846 Posts: 28,065
3,846 28,065
Ennobee
by Ennobee
Woodworking Show and Open House
Fox Chapel's Open House and Woodworking Show. www.wood-show.com
Topics: 64 Posts: 666
64 666
Rolf
by Rolf
Author Questions
Post your questions for various Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing authors.
Topics: 320 Posts: 2,390
Last Post: Clock parts ?
320 2,390
Rolf
by Rolf
Off Topic
Here you can discuss anything off topic or just plain chat!
Topics: 9,747 Posts: 106,043
9,747 106,043
Rodney Brown
Sub-Forums:
Jokes (470/1,313)
Special Publicity
A place to post achievement you are proud of: Magazine or Newspaper write ups, shameless self-promotion, etc. Please do not post scrolling projects here.
Topics: 234 Posts: 3,045
Last Post: Man Cave gift
234 3,045
Hobie1dog
Publisher Feedback
Post any feedback you have on Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine or Fox Chapel Publishing Books
Topics: 1,174 Posts: 12,302
1,174 12,302
Upcoming Events
Post announcements of upcoming shows or events.
Topics: 234 Posts: 2,072
234 2,072
Scroll Saw
Beginners Scroll Saw
Post your beginners scroll saw questions here.
Topics: 2,314 Posts: 23,390
Last Post: Bigger Projects
2,314 23,390
Chance13
General Scroll Saw
Post your scroll saw projects that don't fit into any other category or general scroll saw questions here.
Topics: 6,445 Posts: 59,233
6,445 59,233
Sandy Oaks
Works in Process
Post photos and descriptions of ongoing projects
Topics: 1,812 Posts: 20,448
Last Post: House warming sign
1,812 20,448
garryatpa
Scroll Saw Business Side
A place to discuss the business side of scroll sawing, including selling patterns or selling scroll saw artwork.
Topics: 901 Posts: 10,458
Last Post: New season starts
901 10,458
will8989
Scroll Saw Puzzles
A place to post completed puzzles and discuss puzzles and puzzle-making on a scroll saw
Topics: 2,271 Posts: 22,716
Last Post: Creative Station
2,271 22,716
Rolf
by Rolf
Wooden Toys & Scale Models
Post wooden toy project and scale model ideas and projects here.
Topics: 600 Posts: 7,055
600 7,055
Intarsia, Inlay, and Segmentation
A place to post photos and questions about using different colors of wood to create an image.
Topics: 2,481 Posts: 35,055
2,481 35,055
Bowls, Boxes, Compound, and other 3-D Projects
A place to discuss three-dimensional scroll saw projects such as bowls, boxes, and compound-cut designs.
Topics: 2,117 Posts: 21,441
Last Post: Just playing!
2,117 21,441
Linda In Phoenix
Fretwork and Portraits
A place to post your fretwork, clock-making, and portrait projects and questions about fretwork, clock-making, and portraits.
Topics: 4,385 Posts: 44,271
Last Post: cross by Sue May
4,385 44,271
meydenhart
Wood Finishing and Painting
A place to discuss your finishing techniques or products.
Topics: 1,123 Posts: 9,711
Last Post: Finish on Aspen
1,123 9,711
jim_mex
by jim_mex
Tools and Blades
A place to discuss tools, blades, and other mechanical issues.
Topics: 4,270 Posts: 38,509
4,270 38,509
Wood and Materials
A place to discuss wood and other materials for scrolling.
Topics: 1,205 Posts: 10,280
1,205 10,280
Info Exchange
Post scrolling tips and ideas here. The best of the best may be used in the magazine.
Topics: 622 Posts: 5,666
622 5,666
cwmagee
by cwmagee
Patterns
New Scroll Saw Patterns or Designs
A place for designers to show off their new designs or patterns.
Topics: 255 Posts: 1,475
Last Post: Two toy airplanes
255 1,475
Ennobee
by Ennobee
Scroll Saw Pattern Requests
A place to request a scroll saw pattern from the resident designers.
Topics: 2,964 Posts: 15,446
Last Post: Manta Ray
2,964 15,446
Linda In Phoenix
Free Scroll Saw Pattern Vault
A repository of free scroll saw patterns sorted by type.
Topics: 38 Posts: 135
38 135
Scroll Saw Design Tutorials
Tutorials and methods on making scroll saw patterns.
Topics: 89 Posts: 648
89 648
FAQ
Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback
Post your questions, suggestions and feedback on using the message board.
Topics: 538 Posts: 3,562
538 3,562
Working...
X