No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
287 results in 0.1687 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Yeah, I ought to do something with the plans. Only that 1) my computer is still behaving erratically so that I can draw images in 'pixeldraw 96' but not draw vector pans in inkscape. 2) I really feel conflicted about posting an airplane that was specifically designed an used to bomb London. Even if...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The continuing saga of the Gotha bomber

Those who follow my various posts on my continuing toy/model airplanes know that I prefer building civil airplanes over military ones, military transport planes over fighters and especially over bombers and if bombers, any bombers over German bombers. Blame it on my upbringing.

So why did...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Ennobee; 05-09-2022, 10:09 PM.

• Ennobee
    replied to Rabbit Tower
    Let me guess...
    You started by scrolling one ash and one oakwood rabbit and left them together in a dark drawer. And one week later when you can't ot check on them, you found ,....this.......

Okay Just kidding. Love the idea. Great work....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ennobee
    replied to The new one also Austria
    Welcome from Texas, (by way of Germany and Belgium)..only 89 degrees here in Houston, but the humidity from the bayou makes it feel like a 100. Scroll sawing is a very rewarding hobby especially as you can get as involved and professional as you want. But you can get just as much recognition and practical...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• update. I just found out that instead the 1/36 plans for the Ki-27, I posted the 1/36 plans for the P-36 twice. Just uploaded the correct plans.

Still working on a vector-based Inkscape or PDF version.... provided I can finally get my Inkscape to work again.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• They are in the 'work in progress' section where I originally.posted my build of the planes.

The toys in the picture were the larger 1/36 scale versions build out of throwaway pallet wood that was more like 3/4 in. rather than the 1/2 in I designed the planes for. So I had to adjust...
    As it is right now still too cold to go scrollsawing in the garage, yes, here in Texas, 40 degree is considered stay-indoors-unless-you-have-to-cold, my works in progress consist out of making lots of plans for toy airplanes. So here are three airplanes I did last week. Works in progress because I hope going out and cutting
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ennobee
    replied to Works in progress
    For those who are interested, I finally got around to edit the plans for the airplanes good enough to post them in the 'plans' section. My Inkscape is still in the fritz, so they come as old-school 16-color GIF's. Hope you enjoy them.
    After posting images of my toy airplanes almost a month ago, I finally came around to updating the plans for the planes at least halfway good enough to share them. My computer still doesn't want to let me use my Inkscape so the plans are made old style by drawing lines in a photo program and saving them as 16-color gifs: Print
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ennobee
    started a topic Two toy airplanes

Two toy airplanes

After posting images of my toy airplanes almost a month ago, I finally came around to updating the plans for the planes at least halfway good enough to share them. My computer still doesn't want to let me use my Inkscape so the plans are made old style by drawing lines in a photo program and saving...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Ennobee; 03-26-2022, 04:34 PM.

• Ennobee
    replied to Works in progress
    Update: one month on and I finished the first two simple airplanes (6 pieces each plus two wood screws, one for the propeller and one to join the wing to the fuselage) but hey, I got to use the scroll saw again after a way too ling winter's rest. The two-engined biplane got finished too, but even while...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Ennobee; 03-05-2022, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Yeah, I'm still old school so that I still shut down my computer when I'm done working and restart when I use it again next day or some days later. So it's definitely either some settings I messed up in Inkscape or some graphics driver I messed up on my computer
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Anyone else having this problem in Inkscape?

Help. My computer is outsmarting me again. Since last week, my copy of Inkscape does not let me paint figures and bezier curves. Or rather it let's me draw the figures in 'temporary' thin light blue lines but then displays nothing permanent afterwards. I assume it has something to do with he fact that...
    See more | Go to post

• Ennobee
    replied to Work in progress
    Actually, the 'temporary backer' you put the ice sailer on works pretty well, with the wood getting gradual lighter to the middle suggesting a sunny horizon line. Off course to his will be hard to reproduce, but if you decide to make this a one-off piece, just call it a 'happy little acident' and go...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ennobee
    started a topic Works in progress

Works in progress

As it is right now still too cold to go scrollsawing in the garage, yes, here in Texas, 40 degree is considered stay-indoors-unless-you-have-to-cold, my works in progress consist out of making lots of plans for toy airplanes. So here are three airplanes I did last week. Works in progress because I hope...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    See more | Go to post

• Ennobee
    replied to Who has Been Vaccinated ?
    I am on the lowest tier in the vaccination rollout, being barely 50 with no health problems and no high-risk profession. So although I would be the first to go once it's.my turn, right now I have no heart feelngs letting my elderly neighbors, my diabetic co-workers and every nurse, policeman or firefighter...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ennobee
    replied to What Toys did Santa Bring?
    I got Kathy Wise's book 'Intarsia-woodworkjng for beginners'. I guess my wife got fed up with me complaining about my segmentation projects not working out the way I wanted and decided I needed to know how it's really done. I'll be starting the first training project this afternoon.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Ennobee; 01-02-2021, 05:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Answered
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
No content found
Show More

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
Directory Topics Posts Last Post
Magazine and Members
Welcome Members
A place to introduce yourself and chat about things not necessarily relating to scroll saws or scrolling.
Topics: 3,846 Posts: 28,065
3,846 28,065
Ennobee
by Ennobee
Woodworking Show and Open House
Fox Chapel's Open House and Woodworking Show. www.wood-show.com
Topics: 64 Posts: 666
64 666
Rolf
by Rolf
Author Questions
Post your questions for various Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing authors.
Topics: 320 Posts: 2,390
Last Post: Clock parts ?
320 2,390
Rolf
by Rolf
Off Topic
Here you can discuss anything off topic or just plain chat!
Topics: 9,748 Posts: 106,055
Last Post: Frustrated
9,748 106,055
Rolf
by Rolf
Sub-Forums:
Jokes (470/1,313)
Special Publicity
A place to post achievement you are proud of: Magazine or Newspaper write ups, shameless self-promotion, etc. Please do not post scrolling projects here.
Topics: 234 Posts: 3,045
Last Post: Man Cave gift
234 3,045
Hobie1dog
Publisher Feedback
Post any feedback you have on Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine or Fox Chapel Publishing Books
Topics: 1,174 Posts: 12,302
1,174 12,302
Upcoming Events
Post announcements of upcoming shows or events.
Topics: 234 Posts: 2,072
234 2,072
Scroll Saw
Beginners Scroll Saw
Post your beginners scroll saw questions here.
Topics: 2,314 Posts: 23,390
Last Post: Bigger Projects
2,314 23,390
Chance13
General Scroll Saw
Post your scroll saw projects that don't fit into any other category or general scroll saw questions here.
Topics: 6,445 Posts: 59,233
6,445 59,233
Sandy Oaks
Works in Process
Post photos and descriptions of ongoing projects
Topics: 1,812 Posts: 20,448
Last Post: House warming sign
1,812 20,448
garryatpa
Scroll Saw Business Side
A place to discuss the business side of scroll sawing, including selling patterns or selling scroll saw artwork.
Topics: 901 Posts: 10,458
Last Post: New season starts
901 10,458
will8989
Scroll Saw Puzzles
A place to post completed puzzles and discuss puzzles and puzzle-making on a scroll saw
Topics: 2,271 Posts: 22,716
Last Post: Creative Station
2,271 22,716
Rolf
by Rolf
Wooden Toys & Scale Models
Post wooden toy project and scale model ideas and projects here.
Topics: 600 Posts: 7,055
600 7,055
Intarsia, Inlay, and Segmentation
A place to post photos and questions about using different colors of wood to create an image.
Topics: 2,481 Posts: 35,055
2,481 35,055
Bowls, Boxes, Compound, and other 3-D Projects
A place to discuss three-dimensional scroll saw projects such as bowls, boxes, and compound-cut designs.
Topics: 2,118 Posts: 21,454
Last Post: A few bowls
2,118 21,454
garryatpa
Fretwork and Portraits
A place to post your fretwork, clock-making, and portrait projects and questions about fretwork, clock-making, and portraits.
Topics: 4,385 Posts: 44,271
Last Post: cross by Sue May
4,385 44,271
meydenhart
Wood Finishing and Painting
A place to discuss your finishing techniques or products.
Topics: 1,123 Posts: 9,711
Last Post: Finish on Aspen
1,123 9,711
jim_mex
by jim_mex
Tools and Blades
A place to discuss tools, blades, and other mechanical issues.
Topics: 4,271 Posts: 38,515
4,271 38,515
RJweb
by RJweb
Wood and Materials
A place to discuss wood and other materials for scrolling.
Topics: 1,205 Posts: 10,280
1,205 10,280
Info Exchange
Post scrolling tips and ideas here. The best of the best may be used in the magazine.
Topics: 622 Posts: 5,666
622 5,666
cwmagee
by cwmagee
Patterns
New Scroll Saw Patterns or Designs
A place for designers to show off their new designs or patterns.
Topics: 255 Posts: 1,475
Last Post: Two toy airplanes
255 1,475
Ennobee
by Ennobee
Scroll Saw Pattern Requests
A place to request a scroll saw pattern from the resident designers.
Topics: 2,964 Posts: 15,446
Last Post: Manta Ray
2,964 15,446
Linda In Phoenix
Free Scroll Saw Pattern Vault
A repository of free scroll saw patterns sorted by type.
Topics: 38 Posts: 135
38 135
Scroll Saw Design Tutorials
Tutorials and methods on making scroll saw patterns.
Topics: 89 Posts: 648
89 648
FAQ
Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback
Post your questions, suggestions and feedback on using the message board.
Topics: 538 Posts: 3,562
538 3,562
Working...
X