Small statuette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small statuette

Ok, so i'm not a complete beginner, but i've only really used pine.

I'm looking to carve a christmas gift for my mom in the form of a statuette. in a deep brown shade. I have no idea what hard woods of 'hazlenut-shell' color will be suitable.

any advice on which woods and at what price they are found would be much appreciated. If you could also say how easily available they are i would be indebted to you.

[glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left,300][move]THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! [/move][/shadow][/glow]

Re: Small statuette

Forgot to add, this statuette will be about half a meter tall and 20-30 centimeteres across in a swan-like shape.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Don in Brooklin On
      Reply to Blades
      by Don in Brooklin On
      I have been cutting a lot of 1 1/2 hardwood for mini birdhouses and my go to blade in the Flying Dutchman UR-5 as I like the finish it gives.
      For some real hard woods like cherry and hard maple I have had better luck with the FD polar bladed #5.

I had some cherry that was burning...
      Today, 12:30 AM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to Blades
      by Linda In Phoenix
      My preference would be Flying Dutchman #5, as it could handle it if you needed some tighter turns---and going to a #7 or #9 if doing a lot of straighter cuts. Plywood does dull blades a bit faster though, no matter the blade brand choice. The best blade is kinda a broad question---every brand works...
      Yesterday, 10:28 PM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to Blades
      by Linda In Phoenix
      I totally agree with Dan (dgman). I prefer Flying Dutchmans for most things, but I know others who absolutely swear by other top brands, and almost everyone go thumbs down on generics after trying the name brands---and the price difference is next to nothing if you know where to buy. Some suppliers...
      Yesterday, 10:22 PM
    • dgman
      Reply to Blades
      by dgman
      Wow, that is a loaded question! You will get a lot of opinions, but the best answer is the ones that work for you. My suggestion is to order or buy several types and sizes and brands, and use what works for you. I would suggest you not buy the generic blades you find in local hardware stores. The top...
      Yesterday, 09:52 PM
    • woodvender
      Blades
      by woodvender
      What are the sharpest smoothest cutting blades for scroll saws
      Yesterday, 08:12 PM
    Working...
    X