Small statuette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small statuette

Ok, so i'm not a complete beginner, but i've only really used pine.

I'm looking to carve a christmas gift for my mom in the form of a statuette. in a deep brown shade. I have no idea what hard woods of 'hazlenut-shell' color will be suitable.

any advice on which woods and at what price they are found would be much appreciated. If you could also say how easily available they are i would be indebted to you.

[glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left,300][move]THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! [/move][/shadow][/glow]

Re: Small statuette

Forgot to add, this statuette will be about half a meter tall and 20-30 centimeteres across in a swan-like shape.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
      Teach - Learn
      by Sandy Oaks
      A modified Sue Mey pattern to fit 1" x 4" x 10" Hard Maple. Cut on the Pegas scroll saw using a Pegas #5 MGT blade. One side says "TEACH". Flip it over and the other side says "LEARN". After sanding, dipped in diluted Shellac, sanded again and another dipping. Comments...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      Today, 12:13 PM
    • Sandy Oaks
      Reply to First Project - Stretching Cat
      by Sandy Oaks
      Very well done, especially for your first. I too like the added detail.
      Today, 11:22 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to Insertion of a marquetry pattern in a stained glass window
      by Rolf
      The end result is beautiful I really like that Hummingbird design....
      Today, 09:54 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to Help with spray adhesive
      by Rolf
      I have used all sorts of methods for putting on patterns. The only time I put a pattern directly on the wood is on Intarsia as the shaping process removes it. I only use blue tape under the pattern on very small projects.

I Use clear removable contact paper (shelf liner) on the wood and...
      Today, 09:51 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to Sanding and calibration disk.
      by Rolf
      I agree about how it was advertised, but it is my own fault, I know better. Just for curiosity I may strip the paint off and see how true the plate is.

The good thing is that while I had my saw blade off I cleaned it sprayed Crud cutter on it let it sit then wiped it off with a skotchbright...
      Today, 09:42 AM
    Working...
    X