My next work in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My next work in progress

Playing with Elliott for the week-end! Haven’t seen much of him with everything going on so he is here for most of the week-end. Everything else can wait!

Be safe if you’re in the path of the snowstorm. It’s a nor’easter for us so they’re predicting anything from up to 12” of snow to rain. Yippee.
    Last edited by will8989; 01-14-2022, 11:59 PM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Be safe. Looks like a worst care potential for us. Ice and high winds. Being retired there is no place I have to go and we have enough of the important supplies to last for several days.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I think this one may bypass us. Unfortunately it is very windy or our bay would freeze over. That used to be a blast years ago. With all of the ice boats Bellport Scooters (unique to our area) kids dogs anything and that will have fun on the ice Like a Norman Rockwell painting. I have been on one of the Scooter 4" off the ice going 50-60 MPH. The scooter is the first one on the left the other three are Hudson river ice boats. the Scooter have no steering mechanism and are controlled with the Jib (front sail) I have also used the windsurfer rig that was a serious rush. These pictures were taken in 2009 when I was a mere 60 and my respect for pain had not yet fully developed.
      Scooters.jpg DSC_2886 edited.jpg Bellport bay DN ice boat.jpg DSC_2816.jpg
      Last edited by Rolf; 01-15-2022, 08:27 AM.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

They won’t know what we are getting until it’s over. My niece who lives near Carole is supposed to be going to Lancaster, PA today for a volleyball tournament for her daughter. I’ve traveled in too many snowstorms and blizzards in my life to go too far from home this week-end. Be safe everyone!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Snow, don’t miss it at all, stay safe, RJ
          Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
            I think this one may bypass us. Unfortunately it is very windy or our bay would freeze over. That used to be a blast years ago. With all of the ice boats Bellport Scooters (unique to our area) kids dogs anything and that will have fun on the ice Like a Norman Rockwell painting. I have been on one of the Scooter 4" off the ice going 50-60 MPH. The scooter is the first one on the left the other three are Hudson river ice boats. the Scooter have no steering mechanism and are controlled with the Jib (front sail) I have also used the windsurfer rig that was a serious rush. These pictures were taken in 2009 when I was a mere 60 and my respect for pain had not yet fully developed.
            Scooters.jpg DSC_2886 edited.jpg Bellport bay DN ice boat.jpg DSC_2816.jpg
            When I grew up in Poughkeepsie I do remember the ice boats. I also remember "the breakup" with large chunks of ice along the Hudson several feet thick. Of course, that was 60 + years ago.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

No snow but it is so cold!!! I did win the Lego build off today. Then we were entertained by a very active 8 year old dancing. Great way to spend the day.
              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X