X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will8989
    Registered User - Level 2
    • Mar 2004

What do you make

when you have such beautiful wood? Baskets, of course. Very big baskets! Stay tuned.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital
  • Jim McDonald
    Sawdust Maker
    • Jun 2008

Beautiful--what species and size?
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

• KarlB
      Naples Scroller
      • Jun 2009

Nice looking slab. Looks like 3/4 cherry to me.

Karl
      Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

• Linda In Phoenix
        Always learning
        • Jul 2013

Is that some price cherry? Are you seriously going to cut into it? Wood is commanding some awesome prices right now....and you don't even have to do it on the blackmarket!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

• will8989
          • Mar 2004

Linda, this was free! Bruce and the “boys” cut it at the sawmill last year and it’s been drying ever since. It was 4/4 and planed and sanded to 3/4. People go nuts when I tell them where it is from and that it’s local wood. And I can charge more. I haven’t bought poplar in years. Red oak, white oak, oak, all local. Here are the two baskets I cut. I have some cherry that has a lot of pink and almost white. They are next to be cut.

Jim, these were cut from larger boards, about 6’ Long. I have some boards 7’ long and about 9” wide. Bruce will glue some together for wider boards.
          I think I forgot to mention we have quarter sawn sycamore cut about 3 weeks ago drying at the mill.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by will8989; 09-21-2021, 10:58 PM.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

• Linda In Phoenix
            Always learning
            • Jul 2013

Ok Betty, now that just hurts! I am soooo jealous. I have nothing like that in my backyard.
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

• will8989
              • Mar 2004

We are lucky. They do a lot of cutting for the county parks for fences, after all a 600 acre farm park takes a lot of fence boards, replace foot bridges, upkeep on buildings, Boy Scout projects, etc. It amazes the amount of work they get done in 3 hours Once a week. Bruce is one of the youngest at 72, and the knowledge they have is amazing. It will all be lost if people don’t learn it now.
              Betty

Comment

• will8989
                • Mar 2004

What will they be? Stay tuned.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 4 photos.
                Betty

Comment

• will8989
                  • Mar 2004

Here’s the other one.
                  Attached Files
                  Betty

Comment

• will8989
                    • Mar 2004

Now the work really begins. Total of 14! Guess I forgot about some I previously cut.
                    Attached Files
                    Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...