Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will8989
    replied
    It really isn’t that bright when you see them. I want to paint the rose and vine and leaves but he’s skeptical since I always say I hate to paint. I can actually paint just don’t like to that much. I think a dark red at the center of the rose graduating to a lighter shade on the outer edges and a dark green stem with lighter leaves. Maybe I’ll do it when he’s gone for a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• RJweb
    replied
    Bruce did a excellent job on those, RJ

Leave a comment:

• Bill Wilson
    replied
    Holy cow! Won't have any problem finding those in the dark. 😁

Very nice project. Well done, Bruce.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    That is certainly a very bright contrast. Nice restoration.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Done. I’ll get a better picture when they are outside.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    They weren’t as bad as he thought they would be. The roughest spot was when they repainted the slats they weren’t removed and there was some paint build up. He cleaned everything with wire brushes and put first coat of rust oleum on. After he puts on 3 coats, he’s bringing them inside for a week or so to fully dry in the ac.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    As Jim explained, but there are lots of different mediums used for removing rust or old finishes. Crushed walnut shells, all types of sand abrasives, glass beads, We used this a great deal at work. I had my fiberglass car stripped with plastic beads. All of it needs to be used by someone that knows what they are doing.

It is like letting a home owner with a high pressure washer blowing holes in their houses.
    Last edited by Rolf; 07-17-2021, 08:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Interesting product--you can bake with it, deodorize your refrigerator, and remove rust. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    Originally posted by handibunny View Post
    What's soda blasting?
    I'm not Rolf, but soda blasting is like sand, but using bicarbonate which is a little softer and easier on the structure. At least, that is my understanding.

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    What's soda blasting?

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    It would be nice if you could get them sand or soda blasted.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Patio Jim. They easily weigh 50-60 pounds each. He has one totally apart, cleaned the frame but needs to use a wire wheel on it. Than paint it. All this needs to be done outside. With the heat and humidity that probably won’t happen until Fall. The iron work is really pretty.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    Going to be some beautiful additions to the house.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Those are beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    started a topic Bruce’s latest project.

Bruce’s latest project.

Right before he retired he cut some wood for one of the guys at work. He gave Bruce 2 chairs. They are by Berkeley Forge and all handcrafted ironwork. He has all the wood cut from white oak ready to prime and paint. Also needs to clean all the iron work. Once placed on the patio, they won’t be moved. They about 50-60 pounds each.
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X