Bruce’s latest project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce’s latest project.

Right before he retired he cut some wood for one of the guys at work. He gave Bruce 2 chairs. They are by Berkeley Forge and all handcrafted ironwork. He has all the wood cut from white oak ready to prime and paint. Also needs to clean all the iron work. Once placed on the patio, they won’t be moved. They about 50-60 pounds each.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Those are beautiful.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Going to be some beautiful additions to the house.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Patio Jim. They easily weigh 50-60 pounds each. He has one totally apart, cleaned the frame but needs to use a wire wheel on it. Than paint it. All this needs to be done outside. With the heat and humidity that probably won’t happen until Fall. The iron work is really pretty.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

It would be nice if you could get them sand or soda blasted.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

What's soda blasting?
            Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
              What's soda blasting?
              I'm not Rolf, but soda blasting is like sand, but using bicarbonate which is a little softer and easier on the structure. At least, that is my understanding.
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Interesting product--you can bake with it, deodorize your refrigerator, and remove rust. Thanks for the info!
                Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

As Jim explained, but there are lots of different mediums used for removing rust or old finishes. Crushed walnut shells, all types of sand abrasives, glass beads, We used this a great deal at work. I had my fiberglass car stripped with plastic beads. All of it needs to be used by someone that knows what they are doing.

It is like letting a home owner with a high pressure washer blowing holes in their houses.
                  Last edited by Rolf; 07-17-2021, 08:18 AM.
                  Rolf

Comment

They weren’t as bad as he thought they would be. The roughest spot was when they repainted the slats they weren’t removed and there was some paint build up. He cleaned everything with wire brushes and put first coat of rust oleum on. After he puts on 3 coats, he’s bringing them inside for a week or so to fully dry in the ac.
                    Betty

Comment

Done. I’ll get a better picture when they are outside.
                      Attached Files
                      Betty

Comment

That is certainly a very bright contrast. Nice restoration.
                        Rolf

Comment

Holy cow! Won't have any problem finding those in the dark. 😁

Very nice project. Well done, Bruce.
                          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Bruce did a excellent job on those, RJ
                            Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

It really isn’t that bright when you see them. I want to paint the rose and vine and leaves but he’s skeptical since I always say I hate to paint. I can actually paint just don’t like to that much. I think a dark red at the center of the rose graduating to a lighter shade on the outer edges and a dark green stem with lighter leaves. Maybe I’ll do it when he’s gone for a few hours.
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X