Small letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small letters

Making progress on a 3D sign for my son's wedding. These are just some of what I have cut. Going to paint them high gloss black and wount to weathered oak. Quarter is for size reference. (Imagine the size of quotation Mark's I cut right after this photo was taken. )

Thanks to Denny for helping me get in line for a new saw. This my first actual project on the saw, plus I am trying to make the switch from FD blades to Pegas.

I guess I should say this is 1/2" poplar.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Those are really small letters. Very nice clean cuts. That new saw seems to be working fine or is it the operator.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Jim that is an impressive job especially when learning a new saw and blades.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Nice work with fingers close to the blades. Are you doing a slow speed? Are they fine tooth blades?

Karl
        Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Originally posted by KarlB View Post
          Nice work with fingers close to the blades. Are you doing a slow speed? Are they fine tooth blades?

Karl
          Some of the work is slow speed, but most has the saw running about 75%.
          I have cut it all with Pegas #3MGT.
          Yes, the fingers have been VERY close in a few instances. But, I can still count to 10.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Nice work Jim - it looks like you have your new saw tamed!
            Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

I made the switch from FD Ultra reverse to Pegas Modified Geometry.. found I did better going down in size.. FD 5 to Pegas 3 etc.. Great job on the letters..
              The other John A. Nelson
              johnsworkshop.com
              sigpic
              I just follow the lines and make sawdust
              on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                by Jim McDonald
                Used a 788 for many years. It now resides with a crafty family friend.
                Questions are answered freely around here and no one has any tricks they don't freely share.
                Yesterday, 09:08 PM
              • mtwoodguy
                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                by mtwoodguy
                Welcome! John! From Reno NV. A long time 788 user (I'm94) I'm sure you will get many happy hours from the repairs you placed on the machine.
                Yesterday, 06:45 PM
              • John Smith
                Hello from Central Florida
                by John Smith
                I'm 74, retired from the commercial dimensional advertising world. (carved and routed signs).
                I've always used the Roto-Zip, band saw, or other tools to make my projects. (wishing many times I had a good scroll saw). Well, I finally found an old DW-788 that the original owner said "it finally...
                Yesterday, 05:51 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to What's a good stain product?
                by Linda In Phoenix
                I use acrylic paint mixed with water to stain when I want vibrant colors. There was an article in one of the issues awhile back where a product called "Unicorn Spit" was suggested for the colors---and many people swear by it....
                Yesterday, 10:24 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Phone call from son.
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Oh my gosh Betty....Your son is fortunate to be alive. How badly stung was he by the hornets? Electrical shock is crazy dangerous. Wow.
                Yesterday, 10:21 AM
              Working...
              X