I decided I needed a challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided I needed a challenge

2 patterns for one basket. They aren’t glued yet. I’ve had these patterns for years. I make one set occasionally. I have a customer that wants something different so I’m sure she will like these. The challenge is the glue up. 3/8” walnut Bruce sliced for me #3R Pegas MG blade. Thinking price of $60 each. Will post pic when done.
    Last edited by will8989; 04-15-2021, 02:44 PM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Guess you need the pics.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Betty it looks great.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Very nice, RJ
        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Looks great, the glue up on these layered baskets is the part I don't like.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Very lovely. You do great work
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I guess you whipped that challenge.
              Beautiful work.
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Not yet Jim. The corners of the baskets to appear to be drawn by hand or just a bad copy. The price might go up. Thanks Linda. For some reason I really like doing layered baskets. And my customers like buying them. Bruce read a blacklight shows glue spots. Guess what he bought me from harbor freight to do my glue ups? A blacklight flashlight. It does work.
                Betty

Comment

Back in my days of collecting antique pottery, I used to carry a a small blacklight unit to check for repairs that were invisible to the naked eye. I never knew that it could detect glue spots. That's a lot neater than using mineral spirits, or waiting until a sealer coat of shellac reveals missed spots. Thanks for the tip!
                  Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Interesting, I will nee to try that.
                    Rolf

Comment

SLRA does a “spot” check. He’s lucky I’m keeping him around. It was free with a purchase at harbor freight. When people pick up a basket to examine, usually first time customers, they inspect everything for glue ups, drill holes, etc. of course, I don’t think half of them know what they are looking for. Then ask what kind of a laser do I use. Then when I tell them the process, they’re hooked! New, repeat customer. Maybe I need to raise my prices.
                      Betty

Comment

I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
                        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I doubt there will be many, if any, Carole. Bruce reads a lot and comes up with some of the unusual most useful things.
                          Betty

Comment

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
                            I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
                            Be careful what you wish for!
                            Rolf

Comment

I needed a small flashlight for the house and right next to the correct size I needed was a UV flashlight and after reading this thread, I put it in cart as well. Probably overpaid, but I have had other black lights in my younger days and liked playing them, so young Jim will get to tinker with old Jim's new device.
                              Jim
                              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• keystonecop
                                Reply to elementary questions
                                by keystonecop
                                I cut over 100 3/4" hardwood puzzles evey year.. I use #% Flying Dutchman Ultra Reverse or Pegas Modified Geometry blades. They are easier for young children and older adults. If you going to paint.. that will effect the parts as well.. I only tried that a few times. the pieces stuck together for...
                                Today, 12:48 PM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Dream Catchers Cardinal and Hummingbird
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                I finally finished two Dream Catchers, one with a Cardinal and the other Hummingbird. The dream catchers made from Ash and the feathers Walnut and Maple. The Hummingbird is Cherry and the Cardinal from various hardwoods. The finish is a coat of spray Shellac as a sealer and two coats MinWax spray Lacquer...
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 2 photos.
                                Today, 12:42 PM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Parrot
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                A pattern by Sue Mey. Finished two different ways. One is framed with a Birdseye Frame and the other backed with 3/8" Baltic Birch plywood stained black. Stack cut 1/8" BB plywood on a Pegas Scroll Saw using Pegas #1R MGT blades. In fact, I used only one blade on the project.
                                Today, 11:37 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Cat Angel
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                A pattern by Sue Mey. Finished two different ways. One is framed with a Birdseye Frame and the other backed with 3/8" Baltic Birch plywood stained black. Stack cut 1/8" BB plywood on a Pegas Scroll Saw using Pegas #1R MGT and #1 Spiral blades. The letters with the MGT blade and the rest with...
                                Today, 11:36 AM
                              • hotshot
                                Reply to Bruce at the sawmill
                                by hotshot
                                I would love to have something like that near me. I love that old machinery.
                                Today, 11:08 AM
                              Working...
                              X