Edwardian style toy steam train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwardian style toy steam train

I started this project early in December. I wanted to make something that would keep me busy during lock down. I didn't realise at the time how long the engine and figures
    would take, and how exacting a task it would be, nothing in the book was to scale so I had to re draw and adjust nearly every piece, non of their measurements seemed to
    add up. however it doesn't appear to have come out to badly, I've still quite a way to go yet, the whole project consists of: engine, coaches ticket office, station, various figures
    and signal., By the time I've finished should have had all my vaccine jabs. Sorry about the quality of the pictures. I usually like to take pictures outside in available light
    but it is to ****ed cold at the moment.

Harry.
    Attached Files

Very nice....Great Job !

Comment

Love it! What a fun project. How big is the engine ? If those are 4 inch tiles , 8-10 in long?
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Really nice. I love the bright colors.

Comment

Charming, Harry. And meticulously crafted!
          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes your about right Rolf the engine is 10.5 ins long x 7.5 ins high x 4.5 ins wide

Harry.

Comment

Looks a lot like Thomas the Train. I started one before Christmas to make a lamp but never finished when the other projects took over. Looks good!
              Pop
              Delta 16" 40-530
              Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                Reply to Wood identification needed
                by Rolf
                This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
                Today, 07:38 AM
              • handibunny
                Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
                by handibunny
                I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
                Today, 07:01 AM
              • handibunny
                by handibunny
                If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
                Today, 06:59 AM
              • dgman
                by dgman
                The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
                Yesterday, 10:40 PM
              • vgraf
                Wood identification needed
                by vgraf
                I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
              Working...
              X