Bread and Cheese..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread and Cheese..

​ Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red thin lines and just make sawdust without much thought). Fiona on the other hand does not like her work copied. I was surprised the magazine did not clean up the pattern for a follow the line type like me, But after reducing my blade size to a #3 on a very hard ¾ inch cherry board and improvising in a few places, this will be one of the few cuttings I am saving for myself. I had a few pieces break off do the very close cuts on large dangling pieces. All the time I cut I thought of how great a design and how poor a line pattern. (I really like vector images that I can reduce the line size and change to red. I scanned and used Irfanview to change the color to RED.. Again I am proud to have a close replica of Fiona's work.. Thank YOU Fiona.. I just I expected more from the magazine publisher. image widget IMG_2385.JPG
    Attached Files
    Last edited by keystonecop; 12-02-2020, 12:20 PM.
    The other John A. Nelson
    johnsworkshop.com
    sigpic
    I just follow the lines and make sawdust
    on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Is there a picture? I would love to see what you've done.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Linda In Phoenix View Post
      Is there a picture? I would love to see what you've done.
      I saw it . the Dummy (me) must have done something wrong.. ope it works now... thanks
      Last edited by keystonecop; 12-02-2020, 12:21 PM.
      The other John A. Nelson
      johnsworkshop.com
      sigpic
      I just follow the lines and make sawdust
      on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

This is a fantastic piece of work, it is on my todo list for sure. Excellent workmanship.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X