Need suggestions for Samantha’s basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions for Samantha’s basket

I’m making this for my granddaughter’s birthday. I was going to put a picture of wildflowers behind the bow on a backer board. If I finish it first the basket won’t stick to the backer with the picture. Is there a glue I can use that will stick to the basket after I finish it? I’m also going to change it to Happy Birthday Sam. I have all the leaves cut and some of the basket weave. When I finish this I have 2 more gifts to cut for the grandsons. Did I mention they need to be on the way to Texas next Friday?
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Hot glue should work

Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That looks like it will be beautiful when done!
      What finish are you using? I have success with a spray glue if it is not an oil based finish.

One suggestion I've done is instead of cutting the Happy Birthday as part of the main piece, cut it from thin / contrasting wood and make it easily removable. That way it expresses the sentiment but is more than a birthday piece.

Comment

Well, you read my mind! I’m going to make the happy birthday out of a piece of thin wood and paint it her favorite color using the sparkling green unicorn spit. Mainly because if I mess it up I won’t ruin the basket. Sam is turning 11 and I don’t think the happy birthday will bother her. But it’s a thought. Never thought of hot glue Rolf. That would work perfect. I could leave the bottom of the backer the natural color and put the picture on the top. Here is today’s progress. My eyes were doing pretty good and with a 2 hour break I got more done than I thought. Finish the cutting tomorrow on this than start Ben’s. This is the boost I needed to get back to cutting.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by will8989; 05-28-2020, 06:58 PM.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Almost done. Will think about how to finish and glue while I work on Ben’s gift. Still have some fine sanding to do.
          Attached Files
          Betty

Comment

HELP!! I am all finished Sam's basket except for the lettering. I was looking for a font like Steve used, thought I could find it easily, or one like it, my Corel file is MIA, and my eyes are killing me.. I would like one similar to what Steve used on his basket or I had a Beach something or other font in my corel file that is MIA. I know he is a few days behind in emails so any help would be appreciated. i went with a different idea for the flowers, and it involves PAINT. Did you faint on that? LOL It came out pretty good. Even Bruce liked it. All gifts are glued to backers, and ready for dipping tomorrow. Except Sam's. Which I need this for. I made Chris a stump wolf pattern from Sue Mey and it came out awesome. THANK YOU!!

Attached Files
            Last edited by will8989; 06-01-2020, 09:19 PM.
            Betty

Comment

DNE, DONE, DONE AND DONE!! I just went with Sammy on the plaque. I wanted to put Sammy-Sam, what I call her, but wasn’t enough room. They all came out great. Will post pictures tomorrow🤸🏻‍♂️
              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X