Finished this Lora Irish pattern in walnut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished this Lora Irish pattern in walnut

Finished it with Danish Oil, first time I've tried dipping the project (ziplock bag).
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

More details please. How big is this walnut treasure? How thick was the wood? With the oil, after coating with the liquid did you blow it off then hang it or lay it out or what? Just curious. Different methods for each of us but sometimes combining or shifting gears helps us see pitfalls as well as great idea light bulb moments. Thank you.....and great work.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Hi Linda, thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out. It is 11" wide, 7" tall and 3/4" thick. I hung it over a bucket on a wire, which let me pivot it sideways and put a little light air flow across it a couple of times to vacate the pockets.

Comment

That picture is worth many many words. Very cool. Thank you for sharing so well. It is much bigger then I thought it would be. Beautiful choice in wood for it. And I like the "stand".
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Really like the way you used the sap wood for the base. Anyone can cut, but it takes extra talent to truly use the beauty of the wood.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Very well done. I have started to use the zip lock bag as well. I hand mine from a rack with hooks. The bucket idea is great.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
              Reply to I've been AWOL for too long...
              by Jim McDonald
              For you and hotshot , remember to hide notes, chicken bones or beer cans in the stud cavities for the next remodeler to find.

I am partial to the folks who hide plastic skeletons in dead spaces under stairs, etc.
              Today, 11:14 AM
            • Ennobee
              Celtic knot-shamrock cross
              by Ennobee
              My wife fell in love with the shamrock cross pattern in the spring issue of SS&W. So I had to make her one as soon as I found the time. Off course, not being able to leave a good pattern alone, I decided to turn it into a segmentation using some real hard broken pallet wood I 'disposed off' at work....
              Yesterday, 02:11 PM
            • Ennobee
              by Ennobee
              Hi Jim.
              glad to hear back from you. I have been absent almost just as long, but that was just because my 9-5 morphed into a 12-hour a day job due to... Something with the economy I guess. So yes. Good luck with your house. How come I have the feeling that after all this work you'll end up living...
              Yesterday, 01:30 PM
            • hotshot
              by hotshot
              Had to smile at that, as I bought that exact same hammer drill, for about the same reason

-----Randy...
              08-10-2022, 10:09 PM
            • Daddy's scroller
              by Daddy's scroller
              Have a fun safe trip Jim. I hope pictures to follow...
              08-10-2022, 06:46 PM
            Working...
            X