A mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mistake

We’ve had several requests for coffee grinders. For some reason he didn’t like the way the walnut one looked, so he sliced the top off and made a box. The next is the coffee grinder. Hand rubbed watco finish on both. The inside of the coffee grinder has 4 pieces of wood that are slanted into the drawer so all the grinds go in the drawer. The mistake is going to our oldest grandson in Texas for his birthday and the grinder on the table for $95.00. Now he has to make 3 more mistakes for the other grandkids in Texas. As usual, SLRA did an amazing job.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by will8989; 03-02-2020, 03:17 PM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Wish all my mistakes looked that good. excellent work and I am sure you could sell many of those mistakes as well as the grinders. I am sure the grandkids will love their gifts.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

The true measure of a good woodworker (scroller, turner, cabinet maker, etc) is being able to fix mistakes without anyone really knowing it was a mistake. Bruce done good.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Look closer. I didn’t notice it until I took the picture. He’s downstairs now figuring it out. It’s still being listes at $95.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I call it "Character" not a mistake. He must have mumbled a few choice words when he realized what he did.
          Are the dove tails routed or hand cut?
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I've learned that we don't make mistakes - we make design changes. Those grinders are looking real good.
            Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

He said he knew it was “off”. The dovetails are routed. He has cut another box and did it “with less character” this time. He got the flip on the board wrong when he routed it the first time.
              Betty

Comment

If it weren't for mistakes and a good wood stove, I'd of froze to death in my shop!
                Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Comment

We sold the coffee grinder today for $100 to the guy who bought the dough board!! He contacted Bruce last week and wanted to know if it was done. We met him today at the market and he bought it. He brought some coffee beans to try it out and it worked beautifully!! He was really pleased. He asked what were going to make next he can buy!! When he makes more we will be selling them for $110. I think they will go good as no one at the market has coffee grinders. I told Bruce we will have to demonstrate it with coffee grinds.
                  Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X