Lighthouse almost done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighthouse almost done

5628FAB9-06CB-4D43-9063-B9CF44EADDD2.jpeg After about 6 months being confined to the house, I’ve been able to get back to the shop. I discovered that I didn’t get it mounted straight, so I’m leaving the keepers house off. Then I decided to put a little paint on it. I’m getting close to the finish line. Thanks for looking and I hope you like it. Constructive criticism is welcome.
    Attached Files

Really like the fretwork making the masts and other details. Good job.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

No criticism from me. What an interesting design. Well done! I have never seen anything like this.
      Is it your own design?
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

A very unique, beautiful project. What are the dimensions?
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.
          Rolf, I can’t take credit for the pattern. I bought it from a company that sells scrollsaw patterns. You can find it at cherrytreetoys.com, and it is called bay watch.
          Denny, I’m not sure of the dimensions, but it is about 2 feet tall. The base for the full pattern is about 18-20” side to side.and maybe 16-18” front to back. I’m having to guess on the size because we’re in the middle of t-storms and I’m not in the shop.

Comment

Your abilities shine on this. Nicely done!
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Nice work. Bigger than what I thought it might be from looking at the photo.
              Sorry you couldn't get to the shop for six months. That must have been hard to take.

"Time to give back."
              "Time to Give Back"

Comment

5E3EEEFB-1A5C-4EC5-AB89-27EE3ACE5D9D.jpeg I finally finished the lighthouse, and it’ll be ready for travel when I get it boxed up.
                i did make quite a few changes because I didn’t get it lined up on the base, but I’m pleased with it, and so is my wife. F675827D-9D9C-48A1-834B-89C333C46A0E.jpeg
                The down time wasn’t to bad, considering my wife didn’t mind me making a mess on the floor with wood chips. I spent the time carving on a nativity set. It’s almost done, too.

Comment

Beautiful! The added color really makes this pop.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That is just pretty cool! Nice work.
                    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

It looks so very realistic. Makes me want to go the the coast!
                      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Thank’s everyone, for the kind words. I had a lot of fun with this project. Now I cannot wait to deliver it next month. In the meantime, I have to get back to some carving projects that I must soon finish, because my wife and I have an Anniversary in a month.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
                          Reply to Colwood wood burner Great support
                          by Sandy Oaks
                          Good to hear about great service and support
                          Today, 09:14 AM
                        • Rolf
                          Colwood wood burner Great support
                          by Rolf
                          I was using my older Colewood Super pro II yesterday and I could not control the temperature. As soon as I turned it on the tip went to the max. I opened it up to have a look.
                          Not much in the box a Transformer, a small circuit board with a few components. I decided to call the company and I believe...
                          Today, 08:27 AM
                        • Rolf
                          Reply to ?????? ??
                          by Rolf
                          It seems that new members don't present themselves in the new members section. If anyone spots a new member encourage them to introduce themselves in the new member section.

I will send Kaylee a note to see who is overseeing the forum.
                          Today, 08:06 AM
                        • Jim McDonald
                          Reply to ?????? ??
                          by Jim McDonald
                          As you know, we lost a ton of folks during the time the board was being redone and a lot of them ended up at the Village and have never looked back.
                          As far as updates to the software, I am with Scott on having no clue. I do wish some of the old timers would check in from time to time, even...
                          Yesterday, 07:43 PM
                        • NC Scroller
                          Reply to ?????? ??
                          by NC Scroller
                          I know Bob Duncan used to monitor and work on forum issues. No clue who is handling it now....
                          Yesterday, 05:37 PM
                        Working...
                        X