Done!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done!!

Bruce finished the caulking yesterday and doesn’t know what to do today. The photographer isn’t the greatest but you get the idea. Art work on fridge courtesy of Elliott.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by will8989; 03-26-2019, 01:48 PM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

It turned out beautiful Betty. I am sure you are thrilled with your new kitchen. Now, I would have to tell them we still couldn't use it so I didn't mess it up. Elliott's artwork is a great addition.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Congratulations! It looks great. I like your choice of cabinet hardware.
      What is Bruce going to do with all of this spare time now.?
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Looks really good! How long has it taken? Now you two can set in the kitchen and say we did this!

Comment

Looks Great!

Now you can enjoy the fruits of his labor
          cwmagee
          aka Fibber
          Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

It took way longer than I planned on, 22 months. A lot of time was waiting for finish to dry. He used a water based finish with 3 coats both sides. That alone took 5 days, 2 1/2 for each side of each piece. We could only work on one piece of plywood at a time as we didn’t have storage space, so he built a cabinet, then we brought it upstairs and started on another. A year to build, 2 months to rip out old kitchen to the studs and install. Then there’s the electrical, with the surprise live wire dangling behind the wall, than the floor which took 3 of us 6 hours to install, then cabinets, another 3 weeks for counter top, you get the picture. Plus there’s life in between all this. This was all his idea. He would comment a cabinet is just a box with doors and drawers. My comment was Get building.
            Attached Files
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

You have the patience of a saint. CONGRATS!!!!
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Awesome! Looks like you finally have a fantastic kitchen to play in. Do you remember how to cook?
                Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Didn't know that projects this big ever got done. Always thought there was just one more little thing to do.
                  Congratulations! Enjoy!

"Time to give back."
                  "Time to Give Back"

Comment

It’s certainly something to be proud of, and to enjoy and celebrate. May you cook many great meals and drink lots of good wine!
                    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

It all looks very smart and you must be very pleased ..... congratulations.

Comment

Actually, Scott, my name and patience are rarely used in the same sentence except that I don’t have much patience. It was a challenge. It’s not quite done. If you look at the door, there’s no doorknob!!! I am looking for the perfect one and haven’t found it yet. Maybe red porcelain or an antique one. Will check out th antique stores next week when go to the beach for a day break. Thank you everyone for the compliments. I just told Bruce what I wanted and he did the rest. He actually is setting up his lathe!! He’s bored!!
                        Betty

Comment

I think most people have no idea of how long a project should take nor the expense. Especially those that have never done their own work.
                          Since we do almost all of our own work when it came to the kitchen we hired a contractor. All I did was gut it and move and replace a window. From start to finish , design to completion 10 months. Actual construction 3 months. The cabinets had to be ordered. One was rejected by the cabinet builder and had to be redone, that of course delays the counter top templating.
                          Betty there is no way we could have done what you and Bruce did, especially in our house knowing how poorly it was built.
                          Rolf

Comment

It was a challenge. Bruce always counted on 2years so he is ahead of schedule!!🙂 we did buy some extra so the total for just the cabinets, wall reconstruction, floor was $5800. We could not have done this without the help of my brother in law who has his own remodeling business. He did the electricity, as evidenced by his hand coming out of the ceiling, the floor, and guided bruce to some stuff he was unfamiliar with, and my son helped with alot with the plumbing. Mitchell dollars which Bruce is paying back for a project for his brother. Without that help, this project would have easily cost $25,000. Our house was built in the early 60s and we are the second owners since 1976. It was in good shape when we got it and have kept that way to the best of Bruce’s ability. Until you go down the “rabbit hole” of remodeling you have no idea!!!! Good luck with your bathroom.
                            Betty

Comment

I am not sure you could buy the cabinets for that price here in my neck of the woods. 2K of that is in Kreg screws!
                              Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X