Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you give Bruce the weekend off?

Comment

We did our first farmers Mkt of the season today. He’s pulling out his lathe to start turning again. Last week he was “lost” and I had him finish some things for me. We had a “widow maker” cut down and dropped in the yard yesterday so he has to clean up. Turns out the top had lots of dead branches that kept falling but the trunk and some big branches are fine. He’s taking it to the sawmill to resale. It’s cherry.
      Attached Files
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

That hollowed out section would be an adorable alcove for a one of a kind intarsia inset.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

That is actually 2 pictures of one branch. The other piece of the same branch was completely hollow and about 4feet long. It was a tragedy waiting to happen. There are about 4 4’ sections bruce is taking to the sawmill and branches for ornaments, turnings. To our surprise it is cherry.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
            Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
            by Bill Wilson
            First, follow the instructions on the can, regarding wait time between coats. I would think that for the first couple coats, re-applying while the previous coat was still tacky wouldn't be terrible, but I would warn that building several coats without allowing proper drying time, will extend the overall,...
            Today, 08:50 AM
          • Don in Brooklin On
            Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
            by Don in Brooklin On
            I use wipe on poly quite often and I apply 2 thin coats before sanding with 220 or 320. I wipe with a lint free. Someone told me not to use tack cloth as you can leave behind a wee bit of beeswax witch could cause issues later on.

I make sure that the surface is dry and not tacky before...
            Yesterday, 05:41 AM
          • dwssr2
            wipe on poly and tack cloth
            by dwssr2
            Question, when sanding polyurethane in between coats, using a tack cloth, is it ok to wipe on poly while the project seems tacky or should a person wait a few hours to let it dry?
            How necessary is it to sand between coats of polyurethane? I am sure people have a lot of different opinions and...
            04-24-2019, 05:58 PM
          • tgiro01
            Reply to Do you know what this Is?
            by tgiro01
            Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"...
            04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
          • RJweb
            Reply to Do you know what this Is?
            by RJweb
            The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ...
            04-24-2019, 10:03 AM
          Working...
          X