Echo Jukebox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo Jukebox

This weekend I'm going to attempt the Jukebox surround for the Echo Dot in the newest issue. Couple questions, first who here has tried it, and second, I'm debating on how to run the power cord. There isn't a space between the backer board and the back of the intarsia part. Unless I'm completely missing something. I'm thinking I might need to route a line down the back so the power cord can sit flat against it and the wall. Thoughts?

Looking forward to seeing the work in progress.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

If you are hanging it on the wall, that is what I would do.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Had to stop. Smell of the wood was getting to me. And I have to figure out the best way for the upright middle section and bottom instruction aren’t real clear.
        Attached Files

Comment

This could be an issue. Since I want the cord to go down behind so I can hang it on the wall, the dot would be sticking out the back not allowing to lay flat against the wall.60251F3F-6C16-4E14-9DE6-EFA5AFC83040.jpeg

Comment

An update. There’s another issue. My dot’s plugs don’t allow it to be situated with the plus sign on top. This puts the microphone button upside down. I don’t know if this is like it on all of them, but it is annoying. So in order to get it to sit flatter against the wall, my back piece is made from 1/2” plywood with a channel cut in the back for the cords. It’s a far cry from the 1/8” suggested in the book.
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the world of the test cutter. That is what we have to do lots of. Adapt and modify projects to make a project do what what was the original intent.
              I like how you have resolved the backer/ cord routing issues.
              I look forward to seeing the finished project as I really like your wood choices. The upside down mic button should not be an issue. I am not familiar with the Dot. We have the larger Alexa.
              Rolf

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement and compliments! Those really help out. Looking at the other dots that I know, think you family members, the dot appears to be in that configuration that if it was put on the wall, it’s upside down. I have a plan to fix this too, but it’s going to take a longer usb cord, which is probably something that would be gotten if I was putting it on the wall anyway. The current one is mine, so I’m always fine with out all the details on it anyway. But when I make the one for Mom, I’ll have to fix the upside down and have all the trimmings in it. I like it. It is a neat way to display it. Also what I like is that it isn’t truly a weekend project. When I get it the rest of the way together and in the wall I’ll post another picture. But when I make the next one hopefully next weekend, I’ll document the changes I made and write it up like a report if anyone is interested in that.
                Last edited by Labtechjc; 02-04-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

We'd love to hear about the changes you made. Please feel free to send them to us at editors@scrollsawer.com (with high-res photos).

Best Regards,
                  Bob Duncan
                  Technical Editor, Woodworking/DIY
                  www.WoodCarvingIllustrated.com
                  www.FoxChapelPublishing.com
                  www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

So I haven’t made my write up yet because I haven’t finished it all. But the piece that makes the new back has a picture. It’s not that impressive because it doesn’t need any dimensions because it is the size of the original backer board. The difference is that it is a 3/4” board. The upside of this is that it gives the dot more support, allows it to sit almost flush with the front, and puts it in a orientation where the.icons on the buttons are upright.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looking Good!
                      Rolf

Comment

Next up, something for the top. Downside is I have to cut up a record.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X