Getting there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting there

countertop installed✅, microwave installed✅, dishwasher installed✅, plumbing hooked up, not until Saturday have to let the counters set up, getting high from epoxy fumes ✅✅. Looks beautiful. I told Bruce he had a brilliant designer. They only needed one shim to install the countertop, everything else was perfect. It even has sparkles in the countertop!!!
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Lookin’ good. When’s the dinner party? 😁
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing . Looks great

Comment

Still work to do but will let you know!!!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

looking good!
          cwmagee
          aka Fibber
          Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

So what you going to cook first?
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Cook? I’m supposed to cook?
              Betty

Comment

Looks good, I guess you could not sleep with all of the excitement of cooking breakfast in your new kitchen, it’s after 12, RJ
                Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Watch out--someone may want to film a TV show in that kitchen!
                  Jim
                  When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                  Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Normal time for me RJ. I’m up and runnng by 8.
                    Betty

Comment

Put out the plate of cookies and vase of lillies and it'll be an HGTV set. Nicely done!
                      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

We have a fully functional kitchen!! Brian hooked up sink yesterday and I ran the dishwasher last night. I would say music to my ears, but it is so quiet you can’t hear it!!! Window frame done. Now I need to make those curtains. Door frame up, only need to paint door and install. Bruce is taking forever to decide on backsplash. I did blow the budget on countertop and door but they are the “jewels” 💎💎💎 that show everything else off. And I did spend $60 on material for one kitchen window for my color pop. You’d think I knew what I was doing.
                        Betty

Comment

• hotshot
                          hotshot commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You all have come a long way. But you last progress pictures look great. We are hoping to secure another home (auction) this weekend. If that happens, we will be doing a similar renovation with the Kitchen. I have built Kitchen cabinets before, so I'm good with that, but plumbing, framing, and electric are more of a concern.
                          Last edited by hotshot; 09-19-2018, 11:23 AM.

Having a brother in law who has his own home contracting business and a son who was 1500 hours towards a journeyman plumber license helps immensely. We saved tons of money on that. As for the cabinets, they were the first and last Bruce built. That’s why it took over a year for them to be built. I’m sure what you do will be amazing.
                        Betty

Comment

We have curtains, under counter lights and a door!!! And Bruce didn’t burn the house down hooking up the lights. He wants to paint the door white but I convinced him it needs to stay natural. Bruce picked out the backsplash. Yep. It was the very first one I picked out that he said he didn’t like and we took back the sheet I bought. It feels more like a house instead of a construction zone. I have a 2day show next week-end so everything is on hold for a week. The designer certainly knew what she was doing!!! The helper wasn’t too bad either.
                          Attached Files
                          Betty

Comment

SLRA did a great job on the cabinets and everyone else should be proud--but I think the decorator needs to fill that red cookie jar with some oatmeal treats to round out the remodel.
                            Jim
                            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dan A
                              Reply to Last weekends wood show
                              Dan A
                              Congratulations, Rolf

Dan
                              Today, 06:15 PM
                            • Rubsterwine
                              Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
                              Rubsterwine
                              Thanks guys: The blade is not being pinched. I have parts list and diagram, the bearing on the crank linkage are sealed but I have on order a new linkage with bearings. Yes I oil the bushings every couple of weeks. I thought maybe the screws on the upper clamp might worn to much so I removed the two...
                              Today, 03:48 PM
                            • Sandy Oaks
                              Reply to Christmas show stuff
                              Sandy Oaks
                              Wow, Tony. Those are amazing. Thanks for showing the glue up.
                              Today, 11:20 AM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
                              will8989
                              Check the thumb screw in the upper holder. On the end is a tiny screw that must be perfectly flat. If it’s not it won’t grab the blade properly. I replace mine every few years. The problem this time is with #5 blades. The bottom of the blade is not even and I believe that is my problem. The other...
                              Today, 11:11 AM
                            • handibunny
                              Reply to Christmas show stuff
                              handibunny
                              Thanks, Tony. That's what I thought you'd have to do. Your work is impeccable!
                              Today, 11:00 AM
                            Working...
                            X