Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    What material for the counter tops ?
    Homemade butcher block from reclaimed bowling lanes!
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Quartz I’m hoping. We’re going to my brother in law supplier on Saturday to check them out. Lowe’s has what I want but I’ve heard horror stories about some of their installers. I have a backsplash I want to use, the very first one I saw, so I’m taking that to see what I can match it with. And only ONE more cabinet to install, the microwave above the stove.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Quartz gives you so many more color choices and very durable. We put in pocono green granite , actually looks black until the sun hits it. We have had a couple of issues of the years mainly because of settling. I managed tor repair them with a bit of died epoxy.

Jim butcher block from an old bowling alley. I like that . My first real assignment in the Air force was Tyndall AFB, FL we had two work benches for laying out the massive blue prints for the flight simulators I worked on. They were each 1/2 of a bowling alley 3'6" by 30 feet each.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I was evasedropping on a conversation between a salesman and customer at Lowe’s today about countertops. Do you know they charge $1.50-2.77 an INCH for the edging. Plus if undercounter sink an additional amount to prep the underneath, plus the sink and to install the sink plus plus plus. This guy started at $2500 but with edging, and other stuff it was over $5000. We are going tomorrow so I can see some negotiating in my future. At least my son can do the plumbing. Luckily I only need about 35 sq ft. Pocono green? Glad I grew up in the Poconos before it changed, Mt. Pocono had a population of 900. Now there’s nothing but traffic jams and too many people. So sad.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

On second thought, Betty should make the counters from scroll saw scraps. A little glue, a bunch of time and then ...
            Jim
            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

LAST CABINET UP!!! Then dropped on my shoulder. But I didn’t let the cabinet fall. Dishwasher to install and hook up, under counter lights to be installed, than counter tops. Going this week to pick them out. Then window frame, doorframe and door. Then something else I’m sure.
              Betty

Comment

After all the work and the injuries, it sounds like you need to eat dinner out!
                Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Went to pick out countertop yesterday. Going back out today as I may have changed my mine. Glad it’s only 6 miles from the house. Asked Bruce how much he was comfortable with me spending “as long as you waited, whatever you want.” May have been a mistake saying that. 🤗
                  Betty

Comment

Got my counter top. Sort of went over budget but oh well. It is called white diamond -the very first one I picked out! I splurged on a 4”backsplash for $700. Door to cellar way, backsplash, curtains and we are done!!!
                    Betty

Comment

AND THE GRAND TOTAL IS: $4893.53!!! That is for all materials for the kitchen, wood, screws, flooring, etc. Anything needed. Money saved by using Veterans discount and coupons was $1050!! Counter Top was $3331.03, Appliances were $3250.00 for a grand total of $11474.58!! Not bad for a totally custom made kitchen!! Final pics to follow after countertop and door installed. Now onto another project - NOT!!!
                      Betty

Comment

Conversation with Bruce. "I don't think I like the 4" backsplash?" WHAT?!?!? Why? "I don't know I just don't think I will like it." There you go again, overthinking. "I don't like the subway tile for the rest either." So after hours of looking for new tile besides subway yesterday, getting just the right color white, after there all tons of white, going to a tile store to see hundreds of tiles and kitchens & baths, "Maybe it won't look so bad after all." Are you kidding me? Bring home the piece of countertop I have, the 6th tile sample we bought for the wall, "Gee, that really looks good." Did I mention the wall backsplash he liked was one of the first I suggested for the backsplash but he didn't like? Back to lowes returning all the sample pieces and to the kitchen store to sign the contract for the countertop and measurement tomorrow. Now you know why I'm half crazy. Just half. LOL
                        Betty

Comment

That was a good job on the budget, probably spent 893.53 on Bruces screws for cabinets, RJ
                          Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

If not more!!!
                            Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Tomanydogs
                              Reply to Magazines Published
                              Tomanydogs
                              That's GREAT thanks Randy. Early Christmas present for me. YEAH!!!
                              Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                            • hotshot
                              Reply to Magazines Published
                              hotshot
                              They have though of this, and I own them. Pretty interesting to see the vendors from the early days, and see how the pattern designers improved their craft over the years. Also, there was a lot of Corian and stuff in the early issues.

Here is a quick way to get to these: https://foxch...
                              Yesterday, 09:19 PM
                            • Tomanydogs
                              Magazines Published
                              Tomanydogs
                              Hi, Has the magazine ever thought of or ever done a series of CD's (not sure if CD's are still the thing) of all the magazines published? I would purchase it! National Geographic did that, a real handy resource to have.
                              Yesterday, 03:26 PM
                            • Tomanydogs
                              Reply to Spiral Blades
                              Tomanydogs
                              Thank you for that Hank, I will persevere!!! I'm not a quitter, I'm smarter then a straight blade LOL....
                              Yesterday, 03:07 PM
                            • leehljp
                              Reply to Spiral Blades
                              leehljp
                              I did some scroll sawing successfully with a cheap Sears pin scroll saw back in the early '90s and enjoyed it because I didn't know any better! (I was living in Japan at the time and there was no internet to have access to people who knew.) So, I used what I had. Then LOML bought me a DeWalt scroll...
                              Yesterday, 01:20 PM
                            Working...
                            X