No announcement yet.

The walls come tumbling down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even with Bruce on the injured list, we are making good progress. Walls are all up, 2coats of mud on them. I got the two walls in the living room primed, ready for painting along with rest of lr/Dr and hallway. Brother in law, who works for oil company, is having some ductwork made so we can relocate the heat/ac vent from the kitchen floor to under the cabinet toe kick. Did I mention we will need a new ac unit and furnace next year, if the ac unit makes it through the summer. Chiropractor visit felt great today. Bruce goes back Thursday. I put my resignation letter in today for July 31. Have Christmas orders to fill!!!
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I’m shocked but it’s going quite well. My son is coming over Sunday to prime and paint the kitchen. I have 2 days of painting the lr/dr and hallway. Should be doing floor next week then CABINETS!!!! Bruce has had to take it slow with his back. Went to chiropractor today and feels better. I hear I have a 5 year old grandson helping with the painting tomorrow. Should be interesting.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Well, plan b, son, was one hour late Sunday and I could have painted faster than it took me to explain how I wanted it done, no runs, don’t load roller too much, etc. can you tell he’s never painted? Upside was I got a kiss on the cheek and “love you”when he left. Painting in lr/Dr hall will be done tomorrow, priming in kitchen, painting that Thursday. Then we are stopping until next Wednesday so his back can fully heal. I’m ready for a break also. What’s an extra week at this point.
        Betty

Comment

I don’t believe it. The concrete underlayment is going down tomorrow!!! What more is there to say.
          Betty

Comment

Today I added ductwork to my resume. We had to move the duct for the furnace back 12” inches. It was in the floor in front of the cabinets, which I always hated. I was also safety engineer when Bruce was drilling holes in the floor above the natural gas line!! And I managed to get some sawing in. Duraloc, or whatever it is, tomorrow.
            Betty

Comment

Bruce got all the durock down this week end. What a job that was. Here’s one for you Rolf. The box of screws was 575 and enough to do 20 pieces. Bruce put down 15 and I had to go get another box of 140. None left over. The floors might collapse from the weight of the screws in the floor and cabinets. Starting the floor on Wednesday and Saturday his brother is coming over to help finish them. Did someone say cabinets in next week? Be still my heart!!!!
              Betty

Comment

I was talked out of ripping up our kitchen floor by the designer and carpenter I regret it to this day as we have several squeaks that hey said would go away.
                A new sub floor and lots of screws would have eliminated that problem.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

He took it back to the original 3/4” pine subfloor in the kitchen. He just put the durock over the hardwood floor from the kitchen into the dining room. Don’t ask me how but it is all even and level. There was something that looked like a compressed felt on top of the kitchen subfloor he took off. When he took it off it was even and level into the dining room. He’s pretty well exhausted from this project.
                  Betty

Comment

Tomorrow we start the floor!!! Bruce finally recovered from the week-end. It will probably take 3 days for the kitchen. We are starting dead center and working to the wall. The door came for the cellar way but I have, I mean Bruce, has to spray the finish on. He even mentioned having cabinets up by next week. This is not a job for the weak or faint of heart!!!
                    Betty

Comment

The floor is DONE!!! Brian came over today and finished it up in 6 hours. Grout tomorrow and cabinets Wednesday.
                      Attached Files
                      Betty

Comment

Nice, I especially like the touch of blue it sets it off, RJ
                        lol
                        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Lol. They do add something. Just not sure what.
                          Betty

Comment

That flooring is eye catching!
                            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

It’s really hard to tell what something will look like packed in the boxes and I was thinking of taking them back a few times but since I had 16 boxes I didn’t think that would be appreciated so we just went with it. My brother-in-law did an amazing job on putting them in.Of course the countertop I picked out won’t go with it so now I’m back to square one on countertops. But I went down and looked at them again today and ask Bruce which one he liked of three or four and the one he picked was the very first one I picked out.
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X