No announcement yet.

Remember that kitchen project....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sink base. They’ll cut out for the pipes in the bottom when it’s installed. Then dishwasher cabinet which is just an end piece and frame. Then a small one next to the stove for pizza pans, etc., one for pots and pans and a small corner cabinet. The flu has really kicked his butt. He’s only good for about 3 hours a day. Good thing solar power melted the snow from yesterday.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Another cabinet almost done. He just needs the drawer front and door. This is the one next to the stove with the trays I use most of the time. Only two more base ones to go!! We’re getting the plywood Thursday for them as that’s the only day without rain this week. He’s trying to get them done before I change my mind AGAIN on what I want.
      Attached Files
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Cookie sheet and pizza pans are stored so nicely this way. Kuddos to you guys for making the sides of the drawer tall enough. Too many store make the sides too short, and then the pans just fall over.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

And they charge $200+ for those add ons. I can’t get over the cost that is charged. The trash can cabinet carrier was made from cut offs. To buy would have been $200!!! And I am getting exactly what I want and don’t have to “make it work”. My budget for the kitchen was $5,000 plus the counter top, about $2500. So far I have $2700 LEFT. One thing we would have done different was get prefinished plywood. Would have saved about 2 months drying time. Rolf, I think we are half way through the second box of 1,000 Kreg screws. My advice to anyone taking on a project like this and not being a professional cabinet builder - forget the time budget. It doesn’t happen. Life happens and you just have go with the flow.
          Betty

Comment

Glad to see the project is going well, one thing for sure is if the wind blows the house down those cabinets will stil be standing, RJ
            Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Lol. Yes they will RJ.
              Betty

Comment

I think anyone that has done their own home renovations learns very quickly that it is never as easy or as fast as you you would like. My wife and I have personally rebuilt every room in our house, windows ,doors wiring etc. Have found lots of surprises. Had we paid "professionals " to do this every one of those surprises would have cost major bucks in additional charges. So yes you need to be patient and it will be well worth the time you invested. $5k for a kitchen, that is amazing. We did not do our own kitchen other than the gutting , window and door. Semi custom in NY is crazy expensive.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Here’s the finished cabinet by the stove. Had a change in design, surprise surprise, for the cabinet next to the fridge. When Bruce was planning it out he forgot to look at the floor and see the oven drawer handle sticking out. This would have interfered with the pullouts, somhe is just putting in 2 wide drawers for pots and pans. I really need to stop buying them. Anyway, I’m sure it is subject to change. AND, my BIL gave us an approximate date of end of May for installation. He is coming over to let me know everything I need to have here ready to go. Now all we need to do is empty the cabinets, the curio cabinet, take stuff off the walls. And Bruce even mentioned we may as well paint the living and dining rooms while the stuff is down and get new carpeting. Almost passed out when he said that. Budget? What’s that?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by will8989; 04-13-2018, 10:44 PM.
                  Betty

Comment

Sounds like progress is being made Betty. See, thst’s The problem with jobs like that around the house, it just keeps growing and growing - first cabinets, now painting, new flooring - then something else. Pretty soon it’s everything!
                    Melanie from East TN

Comment

I think I forgot to mention new furniture.
                      Betty

Comment

One rotten, stinking, lousey bracket is holding up the last cabinet. ONE. Won't be in until Monday for pickup. Maybe. The cabinet was changed from two with pullouts, to one large one with two drawers for the cookware. Reason for change was "someone" didn't check the handle on the oven drawer and noticed it protruded further than he was allowing and the one door would have hit it. I told him to add a larger spacer, move it over and changed it to two drawers for the cookware to two smaller ones on top for "stuff" still needing the same amount of brackets. Now how do you end up with ONE bracket missing when you supposedly buy them in sets? Seriously? Oh, now I remember. Somehow one was bent and didn't reorder it. There are 8 sets coming in Monday. Hopefully. Will be so glad when this is finished. Picked out backsplash, flooring and type of counter I want. We will be getting the counter from my BIL and the company he deals with. I've changed my mind about 12 times on this but finally settled today. I was told I was not allowed to take the floor back 3 times like I did in the bathroom. Budget is dead on target. And, you can get coupons from Lowes for $20 off $100. You get 3 for $2.99. Plus the 10% military discount. So $100 can be purchased for $72. And since Lowes is 2 miles from the house, you can bet we will be purchasing in $100 increments. On $1,000 that is approximately $280. Enough to pay for the cookware I have/am ordering. Today I ordered an air fryer. Last month I added to my Simply Ming "go to jail" red cookware with a stovetop oven cooker. Amazing!! Need to stop ordering or there won't be enough cabinet space!!! I got a headache.
                        Betty

Comment

Brackets still aren’t in. They’re calling today to find out why. One rotten bracket.
                          Betty

Comment

Seriously slow handle. It really bites when it's just one thing holding up progress.
                            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Got brackets Thursday. This was unusual from them. Usually get it in 2 days. Can’t wait until this project is done. We should be starting demo in 2 weeks. There’s a path going through my sewing room where all the cabinets are stored. Going to start taking items out of the curio cabinet and off the walls so nothing gets broke. When we’re done we’re having a cookout with steamed crabs and beer. Lots of beer.🦀🍺🍺🍺
                              Betty

Comment

glad to see things are moving forward, RJ
                                Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X