Present for my Landlady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Present for my Landlady

Since we are renting a house in Panama City Beach for the winter, I decided to cut something for our landlady. I asked Sue Mey if she had anything with beach theme motif for a napkin holder, she did not but she said she will try something. Well this is her pattern that is now available on her web site (https://www.scrollsawartist.com/

It was easy to cut and I think it will go well with the decor, PCB has a very good reputation for their fantastic Beaches.

Very nice, I'm sure she will be delighted.
    ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Beautiful and practical a pretty hard combination to beat. I can't imagine your landlady not simply loving it. Thanks for showing us.
      Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

Wow, that is beautiful. Very well done.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Wonderful work, what kind of Wood?

Comment

Originally posted by ptofimpact View Post
            Wonderful work, what kind of Wood?
            I used oak and 2 coats of Tung oil for the finish

Comment

You did an excellent job with a beautiful design! I lived in Panama City for 3 years in the late 60's early 70. It has changed a bit since then. I would imagine it is all hotels and condo's along the beach now.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That's a really neat gift. Well made and I'm sure she will enjoy it.
                Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

During these cooler winter months, the image of palm trees makes me think of warm tropical waters. Very nice!
                  Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I just bought the pattern from Sue Mey's website, If I may ask, plan on using Black Walnut, suggestion on what Blade[s] to use as its hardwood, and approx 1/2 inch thick, might be a bit thicker as its locally milled.Thinking of scrolling pattern, then slicing in half? Any direction appreciated, thanks.

Comment

I would not use anything bigger than a #3 I use Olson Mach 3 (13 TPI) Walnut is easy to cut. I you are thinking of slicing it do it before you do the fretwork. Then stack cut them. Slicing after the fact is risky and you may break delicate sections.
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by ptofimpact View Post
                        I just bought the pattern from Sue Mey's website, If I may ask, plan on using Black Walnut, suggestion on what Blade[s] to use as its hardwood, and approx 1/2 inch thick, might be a bit thicker as its locally milled.Thinking of scrolling pattern, then slicing in half? Any direction appreciated, thanks.
                        I used a #3 FDUR and 1/4" oak and stack cut the two pieces together with a dab of hot glue on each corner, for the base I used 1/2" and same size blade.

Comment

Very well done!
                          AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Thank you for the info.

Comment

Very nice gift for your landlady. I am sure she will love it. On our last vacation along the Mississippi River near Prairie du Chien, we purchased an indoor/outdoor thermometer for the cottage as a gift. Needless to say, the weather had been on the chilly side while we were there in October.
                              Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• leehljp
                                Ladder Legs
                                leehljp
                                I subscribe to a daily email from "homemade tools" and a few are hilarious, and some are ingenious. Here is an amusing one:
                                http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/l...-18#post115897

Enjoy.
                                Today, 07:06 PM
                              • Scrappile
                                Reply to Elk Meadow
                                Scrappile
                                Well done. Elk, are one of the most beautiful animals in North America as far as I am concerned.
                                Today, 01:04 PM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Reply to Pricing
                                Sandy Oaks
                                Lee, we have a pen turner displayed at ArtCrafters. Many of the pens are $25 and we sell maybe 4 - 5 each month. I am sure at a place like Knoxville he could more than double the price....
                                Today, 09:34 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to 1st cabinet UP!!!!
                                Rolf
                                We could not do that in our kitchen the ceiling and walls are way too crooked. So to fool the eye some of our cabinets go all of the way up with trim molding the others are lower also with crown molding. There is no continuous line to catch the eye.
                                Today, 08:34 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to 1st cabinet UP!!!!
                                will8989
                                WHAT? We’re taking them down? Bruce decided he should have put them flush with the ceiling so we’re taking them down and raising them 1/2”!!! Do you know how heavy these are? He decided he wanted as narrow as possible, or no, molding at the top at all. And yes, Scott they have stuff in them.😲😲...
                                Today, 08:26 AM
                              Working...
                              X