Christmas 2017 project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas 2017 project

Making this for a customer for Christmas 2017 using my scrollsaw and a saber saw.
    Hoping they like it.
    Angel on right is just shy of 4 foot tal for reference

Did that on your Scroll saw.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Looking very good!
      AKA Paul from Washington State
      Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

The big projects are such a challenge, but oh so cool!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Awesome. How big is it?
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Very nice. I'm with Betty, how big is it? and then, I'm curious how you guys cut such big items? Tricks or tips on how to do it would be appreciated.
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

I have a similar pattern that is in 2 sizes, table top and yard.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Nicely done!

It's all fun
                Terry
                Craftsman 18"
                Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

Rolf it was about 50/50 scrollsaw and hand held saber saw. ( Basicly a hand held scrollsaw)

will8989 the standing angel on the right is just under 48" tall and it is the tallest of all the pieces.
                  As for the pattern I made this pattern using Corel home and student from a photo of someone ones manger scene given to me last year. This is the second one I made one last year. I could just rescale it and make it table size but this was a request from a customer of mine. Corel draws vector drawings and these can be scaled up or down once you group everything you have drawn.

meflick. There is a lot of back cutting ( cutting into the piece and then without removing the blade spinning the piece and back cutting the waste pieces out.also there are a lot of holes drilled so you can cut back and forth). Some pieces can not be cut because of clearence that's were I use a hand held scrollsaw ( sometimes called a saber saw). I have a Dewalt 788 this has a 22" clearence which helps but not on everything (48" angel)
                  Last edited by HAMMER; 10-14-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the additional insight and info Hammer
                    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Meflick. I am still learning but if I can help anyone i will. It kind of makes me feel useful...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Misouri Wayne
                        Reply to Stacker wooden blocks
                        Misouri Wayne
                        Might want to make sure you are using very dense wood and watch grain direction. I used a common 2 by 4 and dropped the part that forms the arch of the door. Part broke when it hit the floor. Several other pieces could easily suffer the same fate.

"Time to give back."
                        Today, 11:44 AM
                      • Scrappile
                        Reply to 1999 Hegner M18?
                        Scrappile
                        I believe some of the earlier ones do not have the quick tension release at the front of the top arm. That would be a show stopper for me. I have seen several 18" in various conditions and they usually are listed around $400.
                        Keep in mind I live in the North West and scroll saws are a hard...
                        Today, 11:15 AM
                      • cwmagee
                        Reply to It's done
                        cwmagee
                        I have always want to try a project like that, however I have not gotten around to it. Nice work!
                        Today, 10:45 AM
                      • Sandy Oaks
                        Reply to It's done
                        Sandy Oaks
                        That is really cool.
                        Today, 10:28 AM
                      • snatiep
                        1999 Hegner M18?
                        snatiep
                        Hello Everyone,

I currently cut with a DeWalt and a RBI Hawk 226 scroll saw.

I was on ebay this morning and saw local to me a Hegner M18 with stand and accessories for $800 or best offer.

I'd love to try a Hegner but the age of the saw has me concerned. It says...
                        Today, 09:57 AM
                      Working...
                      X