No announcement yet.

Kitchen progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the word epic. Here's a pic of the corner cabinet by the dining room. The cabinet on the right is what you see when you come in the from the back door.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

More boring pics. This is over the fridge. Yes, he forgot to make the shelf. Rolf, there are 50 Kreg screws holding this together. My son made the mistake of stopping by between jobs today and Bruce had him help with a dry fit. Of course, it was a perfect fit.
      Attached Files
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Bruce should be very proud of his work li is beautiful, RJ
        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Wow! The wood grain is gorgeous, and the workmanship is definitely a thumbs up!
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Bruce thanks everyone for the compliments. He said it is very stressful. I think the name of the stress is Betty.
            Betty

Comment

I just had a thought, when I watch all of these renovation shows on HGTV and they take one swing with a hammer and the entire cabinet comes down. When we are all gone and the new owners want to remodel boy will they be in for a rude awakening when their hammers bounce back into their faces. That will teach them not to mess with beautiful work.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

LOL! These cabinets aren't going anywhere once they are on the wall!! We put the old ones up and the uppers are on 2 x 4 that we cut into the wall!!! And there will be a DEMO thread!! Can't wait for that one!!!
                Betty

Comment

Bruce has one base cabinet ready to put together. I think he has hit a brick wall and needs a break. He's been working almost everyday since he started this project. Hopefully we can still make it to Texas.
                  Betty

Comment

The work area is all cleaned up, Bruce is out of plywood and he is ready for vacation!! The base cabinet is finished but it is out of square - 1/32"!! Told him not to worry, our walls are worse than that. He is at the sawmill this morning for his weekly "thing", whatever that may be!! Last week he came home with "scrap" cedar from a tree they milled for a church. He said the middle board was 24" wide. Can't wait to see my Texas babies!! Been too long.
                    Betty

Comment

Bruce finally restarted the cabinets today. He was at the county fair yesterday helping with the sawmill. His problem today - if he screws the bottom of the cabinet together on the under side, he won't be able to unscrew in case water gets under it!!! If he screws it from the top, you will see the screws. It's a floor cabinet on the floor with a drawer, who will see it? Can we say overthink? We did order 20 100 lb soft close soft shut drawer slides and brackets for $210. They were originally $19 each but with bulk buying and the wood club discount they came to $9 each plus brackets. Not bad. The place is in Elkridge so he will be picking them up saving $14 in shipping.
                      Betty

Comment

Welcome Home - glad for an exciting trip (kids visit) and visit. I like the price of the hinges.
                        Floyd
                        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Wow great deal on the slides.
                          Rolf
                          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The price is for 20 sets. He did a google search for the ones he wanted and was contacted by the warehouse by us. I am thinking he got jobber price since the sales slip show the name of the woodworking club. I was planning on at least $400 for them as we are putting slide outs on all the lower cabinets except one. And they are are soft close self close!!
                            Betty

Comment

I take Bruce's hand is all better, good price on the slides, RJ
                              Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Almost. I still think he needed a stitch but he is stubborn. He is at the sawmill this morning.
                                Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X