Kitchen progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen progress

Thought I would start a new title. These pictures are the back/inside pieces of 3,4,&5 with one coat of finish. Wait until you see the other side. It is so pretty. Rolf, Bruce admitted overkill on the pocket screws. Let's see how many he eliminates.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

That is some beautiful plywood!
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The wide pieces are birch we got from Home Depot. The narrow ones are from my wood supplier. Home Depot is $50, my supplier is $82 which is totally void free. HD has done voids but is good enough for back pieces.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

The grain is so pretty!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Inside of cabinets with 8 coats of finish. The only problem is there will only be one piece that I will see on the outside and I can't decide which piece it will be!!! The wide pieces will be on the wall, the narrow pieces will be the sides. After they cure, about one month, they will be finished with Bison wax. Today he is working on the doors. Rolf how many pocket screws do you think he will use on these? I'm guessing 250-300 and that's conservative.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by will8989; 06-02-2017, 10:53 PM.
          Betty

Comment

Once again that is some beautiful plywood!
            I just looked up Kreg's recommendations for screw spacing. https://www.kregtool.com/files/newsl...us/june14.html
            Rolf

Comment

He has all that plus more. I just think he does overkill with the screws and glue. But I'm not saying anything as I want my cabinets done!!!!!!
              Betty

Comment

They will fit like this with the right going into the corner. The other one he is working on now will butt up against the left with the cubby holes used for "stuff" I don't use too often. Helped him lift the right one off the table and the top was loose. He forgot to put the screws in the pocket holes in the sides!! He only missed 6!!! Pocket hole overload? Working on faceframes today than to get more plywood.
                Attached Files
                Betty

Comment

Looking very nice Betty. I am sure you will love your new cabinets even more when they are done and installed.
                  Melanie from East TN

Comment

I may have asked before, but what will he do with the shelf edges?
                    Rolf

Comment

I took the picture before he put the maple edge banding on. He is working on the one to the left of the cabinet, over the fridge and microwave.
                      Betty

Comment

Nothing better than custom cabinets that were truly designed for your needs. And personal touches are the best.
                        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Now if he would just remember what is outside on end cabinet and inside. Told him he was fired in December,😂😀
                          Betty

Comment

I get that from June, she said she will kick me to the curb when I am done with the house. Getting close.
                            Rolf

Comment

What? Done or kicked to the curb? Lol
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X