Recycle challenge 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycle challenge 2

I am posting new items I have made with recycled boards in hopes of others posting there work. The first time only one person posted there work a pair of very nice banks made from western cedar. PLEASE add to this post by showing some of your pieces too

I would love to add to this but I have nothing
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

But Rolf you are doing a remodel you should have plenty of wood to recycle into projects....
      by the way how is that house remodel going?

Comment

I do a lot with so called scrap wood ( ends & strips left from building other projects ), but I've never done recycled wood. I did help a guy make a coffee table from "barn wood" which was white oak that had been aged for a few generations. That stuff was so hard he went through four saw blades just ripping it & cutting for length.

Hammer, your stuff is awesome. Great work?
        Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Hammer,
          The spruce flooring is so dry and splintery that if I handle it without gloves I constantly get splinters. Took the last of that to the dumps this morning. I am keeping a fair amount of the sub flooring, it cleans up nice and will be great for bird houses etc.
          regarding the renovation project I have to finish ripping out the ceiling, put in the window, finish the new electrics and insulation. Then the young lady that does our drywall will take over. The last thing will be the new floor as yet undecided.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Darn, wish everyone would quit talking about it. I like surprises, and living way out West, probably one of the last to receive my copy. Kind of like knowing the election results before even getting to vote!
            AKA Paul from Washington State
            Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Keep showing your projects I for one appreciate seeing them....

Comment

Some of my cedar I get has flaws in it and I have been working around them. I decided to use them as a feature of the product. Not a lot of scroll saw work but a nice project. I made eight of these nine inch long boxes.
                . Round top box.jpgRound top boxes 5.jpg
                Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,15" Jet
                You may have your PHD but I have my GED and my DD 214""

Comment

Bet anyone that read my response (#6) in this thread thinks I have lost it. Guess I have. I thought I wrote that in the thread that was discussing the new issue of SSW&C. Lucky I can find my way to my shop, well most days anyway...
                  AKA Paul from Washington State
                  Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• JPetrick
                    Reply to Dave Van Ess - Wonder Bowl - Reuleaux Bowl
                    JPetrick
                    I know that feeling so well Hank. I have a tendency to overthink things too. I'm going to cut one according to the pattern provided and then experiment with larger versions based on how the first comes out....
                    Today, 03:30 PM
                  • leehljp
                    Reply to Dave Van Ess - Wonder Bowl - Reuleaux Bowl
                    leehljp
                    I am interested in this also. Thank you Dave for your work and that intriguing triangular bowl. Thank you John, for bringing this up.

I am having a time getting my mind around this. In square, rectangle and round I can usually see 3D in my mind, but I am having trouble with this one. It...
                    Today, 03:20 PM
                  • NiftyWoodCraft
                    Reply to Yoga - new hobby
                    NiftyWoodCraft
                    Thank you very much!...
                    Today, 11:25 AM
                  • NiftyWoodCraft
                    Reply to Scrapwood Bowl
                    NiftyWoodCraft
                    I just kept holding them against each other and saw the line one pass at a time. Much like you make an intarsia piece fit, that is off a little bit. These, of course, took many many passes. But it worked out....
                    Today, 11:20 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Decorative Basket #4
                    will8989
                    They will turn up eventually, Sandy. They always do. LOL
                    Today, 11:02 AM
                  Working...
                  X