No announcement yet.

Milan Cathedral

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely will have to shut it down now for a few days. Broke a small spring in the blade clamp on my Delta P20. I've had to replace this twice before and because this saw is discontinued, it's been tough finding parts. Got lucky this time. Found a supplier who says they have 7 left in stock, so I ordered 3. $1.35 each, but $8.00 to ship. Better than the alternative. tower2.jpg

Comment

​ Got the parts for my saw and back in business. This project is getting tougher and tougher with the parts getting smaller and smaller. Second guessing myself now with using oak. I'm having some of them fall apart as I cut them because of the open, coarse grain. Should have used a denser, tighter grain wood. Maybe cherry or hard maple. Oh well, I'll keep gluing them back together and keep plugging along. tower 4.jpg ​​​​​​​

Comment

Beautiful work! Keep the glue handy, Good Luck.
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Stunning work., I am not a fan of Oak for many reasons, grain being one of them. CA glue the scrollers best friend.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Well, the spring/summer is over here, so I'm back in my shop. Spent the last couple of weeks on these 4 corner towers. I switched to cherry for all of this fine detailed work. Holding together much better than the oak. These towers are only 4" tall, so I figured if I could handle this detail, I'd have a good feel for the rest of the 'gingerbread'. IMG_20171101_155029160.jpg

Comment

Just thought about this a couple days ago, and was hoping it tis the season for you to start again. That is beyond beautiful. Glad you are back at it.
              AKA Paul from Washington State
              Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

Glad to see you back at it. This is a very impressive project. I glad you changed away from the oak. I did a presentation at one of the Open houses, with a section on wood movement. Bob gave me a beautiful fretwork basket that had been cut from red oak. It was slowly self destructing with changes in the humidity.! I wonder if the white oak is any better.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I am really impressed by such a work and I am glad to see some other crazy scrollers around. That reminds me of my Tower of Time Clock (pattern by Dan Wilckens) It took me also 2 years or 694 working hours

Comment

IMG_20171111_124632750.jpgIMG_20171111_125009996.jpg The tower is complete. Gonna work my way from top to bottom.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gschmitz, can I ask where you got the plans for the 'Tower of Time' clock plans? I'm always looking for something new.

Comment

Dan Wilckens under dan@wilckenswoodworking.net

also here you need a lot of space. I reduced the pattern to 90%

Good luck

Georges
                        Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X