Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oily
    replied
    Stack a piece of 1/4" something under your 1/8'' it will give you better control and ditch the spiral blades, Try FDUR #1,3or 5's.

Leave a comment:

• DigBaddy
    replied
    Well..this project got scrapped...

Over the last 4 sessions of working on it, I broke numerous pieces off. I guess using 1/8" plywood with a small spiral saw isn't the best idea. Ah well, wife said it was ok if I made some compound cut ornaments for her parents so I am going to work on that instead.

REALLY disappointed though. I had over 20 hours invested in this one. Just too much kept breaking off.

On wards and up wards!

Leave a comment:

• DigBaddy
    replied
    Yeah there are some floaters, but the nice thing is that I don't have to follow this pattern exactly as it is...My plan is to cut the major areas and leave a lot of the piddly little pieces alone.

Leave a comment:

• Powakee
    replied
    You might want to be careful . . . . after they see that pic they may decide to cut down that tree what sits right in the middle of their front yard . . . . . just sayin' . . . .

) It looks challenging but it will be beautiful!!

Good Luck.
    John

Leave a comment:

• Plaquerd
    replied
    BigDaddy
    I really like the pattern.

I don't want to seem negative, but it looks like there are a lot of floaters in the pattern or is it just my perspective?

Leave a comment:

• smitty0312
    replied
    Wowza!! That will be a challenge. Hope to see it when done.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Murphy
    replied
    WOW! That is going to be a challange.

Leave a comment:

• DigBaddy
    started a topic House pattern

House pattern

Just created this pattern in Coyote Stencil. Printed it at 11x8.5 and took to local printshop and had enlarged to 16x12. Cutting on 1/8" plywood. Going to be Christmas present for in-laws..this is their house. Just got some new spiral blades from Mike and so far I LOVE them!
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mtwoodguy
    Reply to Hi All
    by mtwoodguy
    Welcome Ian from Reno Nevada! Glad to have you aboard. Some saws can be frustrating, and others we love. Lots of help available here.
    Today, 03:11 PM
  • Kingpin
    Hi All
    by Kingpin
    Hello Everyone, Just joined and wanted to say hi I am Ian from England, Been working with wood most of My life in one form or another and only recently acquired a cheap little saw that I am yet to use in anger
    Today, 12:53 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Bruce’s new toys
    by Linda In Phoenix
    $35 was a great price no matter what. Bruce definitely scored big time. And by the same token, the wife found new homes for her hubby's stuff that she had no use for. I'd rather sell cheap to someone who may actually use them than any other purpose.
    Today, 10:54 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to Bruce’s new toys
    by will8989
    After cleaning the wheel and going through the drawers he found all the attachments/tools that came with the grinder. He priced everything and it was $500 plus. A member was selling the tools tor the wife of a member whose husband died last year. You think SLRA is picky with measuring, you should see...
    Today, 10:22 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Original DW-788 Dewalt scroll saw made by Excalibur & sold by Sommerville
    by NC Scroller
    Yes, there is a market for the original. I think there are a couple other FL scrollers on this site. There are also a few on the Scrollsaw Village site. I would try scroll saw sites before I attempt Facebook Market Place or Craigslist....
    Today, 09:47 AM
Working...
X