Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASDLF22
    replied
    Thanks Larry and Rolf - the picture is really cool. I learned some very important lessons on this frame - I know why it is so expensive for a "real" frame. The frame is quite simple when you get down to the basics but its still very time consuming. Another lesson is - don't leave yourself an extra 2 inches of material when you need 4! Finally - if your trying to remember the dimensions it means you should get your tape measure out and use it, that's how you wind up needing 4 extra inches instead of 2 inches.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaiilad
    replied
    Douglas that looks like a water color painting. Very nice picture and I really like the frame you made.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Beautiful frame, and yes the photo is a great one.

Leave a comment:

• ASDLF22
    started a topic Just Finished

Just Finished

I know this isn't scroll saw work - but I just finished this frame and had to post. This photo was entered in a Fur Rondy contest this year and was placed just outside the Co-Op I belong to and I had to look at it for 2 weeks, and the more I looked at it the more I fell in love with the photo. I was fortunate enough to contact the photographer and for a small donation to a waterfowl conservation group I was able to obtain the picture. The picture is of a red necked grebe and was taken at Potters Marsh which is just south of Anchorage. The picture was actually a mistake - the gal that took it had some settings on her camera out of whack or out of adjustment, anyway she messed around with the photo and this is what it wound up to be. I had the matting done at Micheal's and did the frame myself. Started with 1 inch oak, planed it down to 3/4, cut the cove on my table saw, and added the 1 inch trim on the outside as well. I put 2 coats of natural wood stain and 3 coats of semi-gloss lacquer on it.
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
    Reply to Frustrated
    by markdavd
    When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've...
    Today, 10:03 AM
  • Sandy Oaks
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Sandy Oaks
    Blade slippage is a function of the blade clamp holder and or the set screw and thumb screw with swivel.
    Today, 09:40 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by NC Scroller
    Tricia what saw do you have? Does the blade slip or it just won’t tighten?
    Today, 08:01 AM
  • wjbclocks1
    Reply to Frustrated
    by wjbclocks1
    Are yoou sure that your not puting the blades to far up in the top clamps,. ( l learned thst the hard way)...
    Today, 07:46 AM
  • cwmagee
    Reply to Frustrated
    by cwmagee
    Have you tried to rough up the thumb screws tips? How old are the blade clamps? may be time to replaced them.
    Today, 06:48 AM
Working...
X