First project cut...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First project cut...

The saw got here at 6pm yesterday and this got finished early hours of this morning. It's not 'rough' it is 'artistic'. lol

It's the name of my granddaughter. Her brother is due the end of next month, I'll be asking his parents not to give him names that use A, B, D, O, P or Q.

Those inside cuts were fun. Almost as much fun as trying to keep to the lines I'd drawn.

The nameplate is resting on the ply packing piece that came with the saw. Would have been a cool touch if they'd printed some patterns on it. lol
    Attached Files
    John

Great art work!
    Your Granddaughter will look back at many years from now and really enjoy it.

It's all fun
    Terry
    Craftsman 18"
    Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

Nice work. Keep at it.

I'm multi-talented: I can talk and piss you off at the same time

Comment

Your effort deserves praise, little more practice with inside cuts, and you will be saying to yourself....well done.
        Don't forget to sign and date it. Good luck to all involved with the upcoming arrival.
        Grandkids need toys, so keep scrolling. Thanks for sharing your photo.

If you are looking for patterns Steve Good has lots of them at his site here in the pattern catalog. Free but donations welcomed. http://www.scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/
        There's lots of patterns in the pattern vault made by other members who shared them with us here. http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/fre...pattern-vault/
        Last edited by Wood Dog; 06-20-2012, 10:37 AM.
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Thanks all. With it being a hand drawn pattern, I didn't care too much about going off the line, just wanted something to show the folks. They don't know how much it went off line.

I've been messing about with some 3mm mdf and am not yet capable of following a curve properly. Getting better but imo am not ready to cut into something that isn't already scrap.

I know a steady methodical approach is probably best but for now I just want to improvise and see what happens.

John
          John

Comment

Nice! Keep at it and soon enough those inside cuts will be a breeze! Your granddaughter will cherish this when she's old enough to see the value of a handmade gift. Priceless!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
              Reply to New tools
              by Quartz43
              I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
              Today, 03:40 PM
            • hotshot
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by hotshot
              You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
              Today, 02:27 PM
            • RJweb
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by RJweb
              I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
              Today, 01:31 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Shrink wrap systems
              by Linda In Phoenix
              What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
              Today, 11:51 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Sundays market
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
              Today, 11:39 AM
            Working...
            X