No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trivets

    I'm cutting a one half inch trivet for dinner table use. The pattern maker says "finish of choice." What is the recommended finish if you are using the trivet for both hot or cold pans/glass?

  • #2
    Mineral oil works for me. Just that with no other finish.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.


    The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.


    • #3
      Danish Oil works for me. Watco danish oil. I mix it 50/50 with mineral spirits.
      "Still Montana Mike"

      "Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC


      • #4
        I use Mineral Oil or 100% tung oil only


        Unconfigured Ad Widget


        Latest Topics


        • Don in Brooklin On
          Reply to Tough Decisions
          by Don in Brooklin On
          Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

          What I do is look at the index of the book on and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
          Today, 11:59 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Tough Decisions
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
          Today, 11:24 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Tough Decisions
          by NC Scroller
          I too miss Bob Duncan. I do not think anyone from FC has taken over that role at least on this forum. If they have I am not sure who. Like Betty, I owe a lot to FC and this forum. If it was not for them and this forum I would have probably turned my saw into a boat anchor years ago. Oh how I looked...
          Today, 11:22 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to My covid angel
          by NC Scroller
          Yes I would sand all around the hand and feet to give it some depth.
          Today, 11:03 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Tough Decisions
          by will8989
          Since I sell 90% of what I make, the other 10% goes to family and for gifts, I can honestly say without this magazine and creative woodworks, I would have no business. The first issue hooked me, I went to the open house met Gary browning, Kathy Wise, Bob Duncan and the staff and I even think I remember...
          Today, 09:39 AM