biggest project for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biggest project for me

This is a customized for for my old boss at the factory I used to work at. A fairly simple scroll project, with the exceptions of wood that is between 1/2" and 1" thick, something I never hardly cut. The Chinese lettering is not the bad part, it is the framing that gets me. I had to re-saw once and try again because the edges did not match up, so I placed it on the table saw and ripped again. So now here I am gluing it together once again. Still having a hard time getting things to match up and the edges to look right, but I am getting there.
    Hopfully will be done by Monday so that I can deliver it.
    Made from little pieces of cherry, a cherry ply backer and Bubinga.
    Oh and now my camera is broke too
    Attached Files
    Cherie Lee
    http://www.cewoodworks.com

Looking very nice. He will appreciate it for sure.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Coming together nicely. Good job
      Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Looks like it was hard to cut these larger thicknesses of wood .......but I know that that cherry is hard to cut .......It look niece - he'll like it ............Marshall
        Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Marshall, the Bubinga was much harder than the Cherry. The Bubinga is 1 inch thick.
          Cherie Lee

Comment

Oh, Cherie, this is a jaw-dropper! Absolutely gorgeous! I'm so intrigued by the frame -- where on earth did you get the idea for that? WOW!!!!

Comment

Patte, the customer would have been happy with just a plain squared frame, well I was not so I drew out a design I thought would be fitting. After researching Chinese designs and all, this is what I came up with. So far the customer is happy.
              Cherie Lee

Comment

Very nice.
                Fran

Comment

Really love the Chinese writing and hope to do some in the future as a project. The frame is a marvellous way of bring ing the whole thing together.
                  Pete :-)

Comment

That frame is amazing.
                    It's only a mistake if someone saw you do it.

It's not about what saw you drive. It's about the skill you drive it with.

Jim

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X