motorcycle WIP #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcycle WIP #2

I finally got back in the shop and did some work on my motorcycle project..

frame6.jpg frame7.jpg

frame5.jpg frame4.jpg

frame3.jpg

WIP thread #1....http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/wor...cess/44138.htm
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

cripes, that is super!
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

motorcycle wip

hi trout been waiting for this one looking very good so far i am going to get the plans myself so i will be watching with great interest thanks for the wip bob

Comment

Gee whizz trout...
        ..I guess I shouldn't expect any less...
        That is one sweet lookin' ride..!!!!

One thing that stood out was that there doesn't seem to be room on that seat for a passenger..?!?

Otherwise, I think the word, 'Exceptional', says it best the way I see it..

....(you might want to think of inlay for the tank..)
        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
        No task is too tedious for Art.
        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

since Bob has an interest in making this motorcycle, I'll need to make a list on what didn't work and things that needed reworked...

inlay, there's a inlay strip that goes on the tank but I'm going to skip that and there is a seat for a passenger...

thanks for following my WIP...

Trout
          Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

Well its about time your back, these vacations are interrupting my WIP watching.....just so ya know.
            Everything looks spectacular.....except that mark on the seat. What is it, a smudge, part of the wood? I don't like that.....just in case you wondered what my opinion was....
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Looking forward to see those ape hangers? Or are you going with more conventional handle bars? Nicely done so far.
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I had to take off the rear tire so I could clear coat it and some other areas that I wouldn't be able to get to with the tire and fender on...
                yes it has a chain but you can hardly see it when everything is together..

rearsprocket.jpg

some of the things that I had to over come...
                as for the rims, the directions said to cut the rims in 2 half's of 3/8 inch stock.
                take the 3/8 stock and drill a 1 3/4 hole 1/8 inch deep on both sides and then cut out the spokes?? then glue together making sure to stagger the spokes..
                what I did was to cut a 3/4 inch inter rim ring and then cut out the center part of the spokes and then glue them to the rim.
                I guest if I had a 1 3/4 inch forstner bit would of been the way to go but I didn't have one and I think the spokes would of been a pain to cut..my way worked just fine!

tire2.jpg

hey wood dog, I cut that seat just as I took my first break from the project and I'm not really happy with it so I'll be making another one. I think you talking about the 1/4 inch hole at the back of the seat? the original picture of the bike shows a sissy bar that's held on there but they didn't give instructions on how to make that one, the sissy bar that is on my plans is glued onto the back of the seat..
                there is also a decorative rosette that's glued on the 1/4 inch dowel that sticks out of those holes..

like your really going to understand what I'm tring to tell you..lol
                Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

how's this for a tail light and blinkers.....

taillights.jpg

I cut up a red and orange reflector..
                  Last edited by Trout; 05-10-2012, 07:49 AM.
                  Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

Nothing is safe around your house.......sweeeeet.
                    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

the gas tank is done...I need to find a speedometer sticker

gastank.jpg
                      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

motorcycle

looking good trout lots of nice fiddly bits to make that will test your patience

Comment

Maybe you could print one out. Go to Google Image and type in speedometer there's a whole bunch.

Comment

Awesome.
                            Pat...

Comment

I started the tail pipes 6 days ago and after the 3rd day I was about ready to give up. the directions SUCKED and it wasn't even close!
                              I looked at a lot of pictures to help me figure it out but I couldn't find any bikes with old school pipes so this is the best I could do!

exhaust3.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

being home sick today I got a lot of work done, not only did I get the pipes done I almost have the front fender finished....

Trout
                              Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X