domed lid box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domed lid box

Here is my first attempt to build the domed lid box from Sue Mey. I changed the bottom to the maple I used for the box. I also changed the lid a little bit by putting a pineapple in the center. Didn't come out too badly. What do you all think? I know, I have to work on my photographic skills. sorry.
    domed box1_100.JPG

domed box2_101.JPG

domed box3_102.JPG

domed box4_103.JPG

I really like the contrast between the two. You also look to be a pretty good circle cutter. It's not always easy to cut such a tight circle. Nice job.
    Keith

Comment

Very Nice!!
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I think you did a fantastic job. The contrasted wood is beautiful and the cuts in the top are spot on. Thanks for showing this piece.

John
        I've Got A Lot More To Learn
        About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
        "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Well done, I like it.

Comment

What a gorgeous piece- verrrry nice work! I'm so envious of the beautiful circle you wound up with for the bottom!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. It was fun making it. Hope to perfect the circle a little more. I had some trouble with the blade bending. I guess I need to get a spindle sander and smooth it out. The bottom of the box is the same wood as the sides. I first cut a 1/8" section of the block of maple then cut out the inner circle. Then glued the two pieces together then cut the outside of the box. I used the Maple for the bottom and Koa for the top. Koa is the wood that is raised in Hawaii. It is a really nice piece of wood and finishes really well.

Comment

great job.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X