small project for neighbor's son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small project for neighbor's son

This is in no may a difficult project but something I am cutting out of scrap plywood for a neighbors small son (about 3 years old). I used the scroll saw to cut the pieces and intarsia sanding methods to shape the hull and the canopy. Its pretty basic cutting.(very beginner if you compare it to the items posted elsewhere on this forum)

I am not planning on painting it because of the discussions about liability with toys and children but maybe his dad and he can paint it for him.
    Attached Files

Taking time to make a project for someone else to enjoy.......how sweeeeet is that.
    Does it go in water, or make noise flapping on the floor? Either way, the toy will be enjoyed by your little friend. Thanks for posting your photos, always enjoy seeing what others are making in their shop.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

The intent was to go in the tub or a pond but it needs to be painted if in the water. This is where I get worried (would make a nice father son paint project I thought). But now that you pointed it out flapping on the floor isn't a bad idea then it doesn;t have to be painted..... I knew it would be a good idea to put it up here... Thanks for the floor idea I hadn't thought about it like that....

Comment

Nicely done...acrylic paints are kid safe.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to My beauties
          by will8989
          What Carole said. The lips are 1 1/2”, holds the board to the counter and keeps the flour from going off the back. After gluing them to the board, he drilled stainless screws through the lip into the board and made plugs to fill the holes. The board is 3/4” thick. Since he only has 4 large Bessy...
          Today, 01:20 AM
        • Don in Brooklin On
          Reply to Birchbark
          by Don in Brooklin On
          I remember Russel well. I think he went back to the days of Free4all.

FYI: I just completed an index of the Charity Ornament book from SSV and Birchbank designed quite a few ornaments.

Yesterday, 06:35 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Birchbark
          by Sandy Oaks
          Thanks Melanie. You are always on top of things....
          Yesterday, 03:55 PM
        • meflick
          Reply to Birchbark
          by meflick
          Denny, you are correct, his name is Russell. While he may not have been here in years, he pops in at the Village forum from time to time. I just checked and he hasn’t been there since July. I would suggest that you send him a PM perhaps through the Village and see if you get a response.
          Yesterday, 03:36 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Birchbark
          by Sandy Oaks
          I think his name is Russel. I checked and he was last on the forum in 2014. I had a request for one of his patterns. Fortunately I still had a copy. Anyone heard from him?
          Yesterday, 03:06 PM
        Working...
        X