small project for neighbor's son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small project for neighbor's son

This is in no may a difficult project but something I am cutting out of scrap plywood for a neighbors small son (about 3 years old). I used the scroll saw to cut the pieces and intarsia sanding methods to shape the hull and the canopy. Its pretty basic cutting.(very beginner if you compare it to the items posted elsewhere on this forum)

I am not planning on painting it because of the discussions about liability with toys and children but maybe his dad and he can paint it for him.
    Attached Files

Taking time to make a project for someone else to enjoy.......how sweeeeet is that.
    Does it go in water, or make noise flapping on the floor? Either way, the toy will be enjoyed by your little friend. Thanks for posting your photos, always enjoy seeing what others are making in their shop.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

The intent was to go in the tub or a pond but it needs to be painted if in the water. This is where I get worried (would make a nice father son paint project I thought). But now that you pointed it out flapping on the floor isn't a bad idea then it doesn;t have to be painted..... I knew it would be a good idea to put it up here... Thanks for the floor idea I hadn't thought about it like that....

Comment

Nicely done...acrylic paints are kid safe.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
          Reply to Wood identification needed
          by Rolf
          This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
          Today, 07:38 AM
        • handibunny
          Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
          by handibunny
          I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
          Today, 07:01 AM
        • handibunny
          by handibunny
          If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
          Today, 06:59 AM
        • dgman
          by dgman
          The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
          Yesterday, 10:40 PM
        • vgraf
          Wood identification needed
          by vgraf
          I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
          Yesterday, 09:31 PM
        Working...
        X