small project for neighbor's son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small project for neighbor's son

This is in no may a difficult project but something I am cutting out of scrap plywood for a neighbors small son (about 3 years old). I used the scroll saw to cut the pieces and intarsia sanding methods to shape the hull and the canopy. Its pretty basic cutting.(very beginner if you compare it to the items posted elsewhere on this forum)

I am not planning on painting it because of the discussions about liability with toys and children but maybe his dad and he can paint it for him.
    Attached Files

Taking time to make a project for someone else to enjoy.......how sweeeeet is that.
    Does it go in water, or make noise flapping on the floor? Either way, the toy will be enjoyed by your little friend. Thanks for posting your photos, always enjoy seeing what others are making in their shop.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

The intent was to go in the tub or a pond but it needs to be painted if in the water. This is where I get worried (would make a nice father son paint project I thought). But now that you pointed it out flapping on the floor isn't a bad idea then it doesn;t have to be painted..... I knew it would be a good idea to put it up here... Thanks for the floor idea I hadn't thought about it like that....

Comment

Nicely done...acrylic paints are kid safe.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Rolf
          So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
          I like the fact...
          Today, 08:34 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Farmers market
          by will8989
          Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
          Today, 08:17 AM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Farmers market
          by Sandy Oaks
          Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
          Today, 08:17 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Farmers market
          by Rolf
          Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
          Today, 08:10 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Supermax
          by NC Scroller
          Two great customer service stories on this forum in a week. There is hope. Even in 2020.
          Today, 08:00 AM
        Working...
        X