Segmentaition saga continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segmentaition saga continues

I am really starting to like it and looking forward to trying something a little more involved.
    I even got brave and started to do a little carving.
    I even got lucky and all the attachment for my burned out dremel work on my old one. That gave me back my flex cable making things much easier.
    If you don't mind I'll keep posting progress reports.
    Thanks for putting up with me
    Attached Files
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Looking good, Rob. You've got me beat if you can do that kind of carving and shaping with a Dremel tool. Mine spent more time flying across the shop than it did shaping stuff before I gave up and stuck it in a drawer. You know, it's a very short step from there to using different colored woods instead of painting.

Jan

Comment

Looking good, Oily! Thanks for posting the pics!

Paul
      www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Looking good, Rob. You've got me beat if you can do that kind of carving and shaping with a Dremel tool. Mine spent more time flying across the shop than it did shaping stuff before I gave up and stuck it in a drawer. You know, it's a very short step from there to using different colored woods instead of painting.

Jan
        So far I've used a couple sizes of round burrs, a cutter, 80 grit flap wheel and 3/4" flexible medium sanding disc. None of them tried to grab or launch anything. What tool were you using? I did have to glue a handle to one piece so far. I test each new tool on a piece of scrap first to see what it does and how it does it. I'll post pix.
        Pointers and advise are always welcome
        Not be from Lunch.

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

Comment

Love WIP photos, keep em coming.........looking good.
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

It's always nice to see a progressing piece.Hard to anticipate the final result. These days we all expect instant gratification.Looks good.
            Roger

Comment

Originally posted by oily View Post
              So far I've used a couple sizes of round burrs, a cutter, 80 grit flap wheel and 3/4" flexible medium sanding disc. None of them tried to grab or launch anything. What tool were you using? I did have to glue a handle to one piece so far. I test each new tool on a piece of scrap first to see what it does and how it does it. I'll post pix.
              Pointers and advise are always welcome
              Rob, you are the MAN! I don't have problems with the Dremel throwing pieces of wood across the shop. I have trouble with the Dremel making terrible cuts, sanding off too much too quickly, putting gouges anywhere I get it near wood. I can now throw the Dremel all the way across the shop and out the door with very little effort.

Jan

Comment

Here ya go Jan, These are the ones I've used so far. Just use a real light touch. The one to watch is the drum sander. I also don't work long on any one place and keep moving around. I try to visualize the over all shape and the detail seems to show up on it's own.
                I doubt I could do anything from a blank. I think I'm relying on the detail coming from the pattern and saw cuts.
                I'll see if I can figure out a way to do a short video and you can help me figure out what I'm doing.
                I don't want to know too much. I do too many things because I didn't know you can't do it that way. I used to play R&B and Jazz sax and someone asked once if I could read music. I said yes but not enough to hurt my playing.
                Attached Files
                Not be from Lunch.

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X