some more SPCA stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some more SPCA stuff

I think I've got the fridge magnets dialed in so they can be produced in bulk in any design. Some will be natural and some will be painted. They are cut in 1/8"BB and the backers are scrap anything at about 3/32 to 1/4" so the magnets are flush.

The puppy and kitty are part of a framed sheet metal sign to display fridge magnets etc.
    The mosquito has been "flying" around the shop for over a year and it was time to toss it or find it a new home. I attached the pattern and some suggestions if anyone would like to use it.
    They make nice little magnets key rings or pins that are almost free to make you can sell cheap to pay craft fair rent.
    Attached Files
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Hi Rob - Nice work. Are you trying to give our pal JohnB a run for his money? I thought he was the king of scrolling in volume but you seem to be catching him up. How many magnets are you planning to produce?

The mosquito is real amusing. Thanks for including the pattern
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jim_mex View Post
      Hi Rob - Nice work. Are you trying to give our pal JohnB a run for his money? I thought he was the king of scrolling in volume but you seem to be catching him up. How many magnets are you planning to produce?

The mosquito is real amusing. Thanks for including the pattern
      Hey Jim, I'm working towards this SPCA marketing to other similar organizations. I plan on doing it anyway but would rather they were a "middle man" so we both can make some money.
      I would rather take and fill $1000 orders than bake a cake and make a dollar.
      If I have my way I'll be hiring and training some cutters and detail people.
      May the wind at you back .....
      Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

You're truly inspiring Rob...

My Mom just today donated her 84 pint....
        She put her name in for a free raffle for donors, and won...
        She got a $25 gift card for Barnes & Noble...
        Which is great, cause she just got a kindle for Christmas...
        I'll go by later this week and help her find some E-books to download...

Gotta love my Mom...
        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
        No task is too tedious for Art.
        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Hey Rob - thanks for the insight of how a scroller goes about making money!
          Hope things work out to plan and you soon have that group of trainees under your wing.
          Good luck!

@Jim - congrats to your Mum and nice to hear of her win.
          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh yea..I almost forgot....
            I grabbed a copy of the skeeter..
            Thanks Rob....!!!!!
            Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
            No task is too tedious for Art.
            Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
            Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
              by will8989
              The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
              Yesterday, 11:10 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Farmers market
              by will8989
              Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
              Yesterday, 10:31 PM
            • tgiro01
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by tgiro01
              Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
              Yesterday, 09:38 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
              Yesterday, 06:47 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Plastic puzzle
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
              Yesterday, 06:38 PM
            Working...
            X