Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis Clock

clock.jpg

Good evening all. I have always wanted to build a wood gear clock. This is one of my current projects. Its working. Now I just need to let it run for several weeks to see how it does.

Ronnie

I have to admit - those kind of clocks are most appealing. Did you cut the whole ting on the scroll saw? How long did it take? What kind of wood did you use? Inquiring minds want to know and . . . . . . It looks pretty awesome!!

John
    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
    "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Something is wrong Ronnie, nothing is moving.......
      Sweeeet job on that project. Wall hanging gear clock is on my ever so long To Do list....Thanks for showing her off.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Dog View Post
        Something is wrong Ronnie, nothing is moving.......
        Sweeeet job on that project. Wall hanging gear clock is on my ever so long To Do list....Thanks for showing her off.
        Good Afternoon. Yes I cut all on scroll saw. I used baltic burch in varied thickness'. For the pallet I used a piece of cedar. How long did it take? Well... that is a loaded question. Each gear took about an hour or two for cutting. Then I had to clean up on sander. Over all I cut all parts over two weeks or so. Then the fun began. Getting her to run took longer. As for running, I am waiting patiently for her to settle into her own rythem then I will adjust to keep near perfect time I hope. So far its been running for 2 weeks without any issues. All I have to do is wind each day.

Ronnie

Comment

Thats awesome I will be trying something like that soon. Turned out great

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate all the compliments. I'm working on the mlt-13 now. We will see how it turns out.

Ronnie

Comment

I have never tried one of those but I'll bet it was fun to cut.
              Hawaiilad
              Larry

Comment

Congratulations on completing the clock.
                I wanted to do that one also and ordered a back issue of the mag but,
                it looked more complicated than I had anticipated so it will definitely be on
                the back burner until I know I have LOTS of spare time to work on it.
                God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

It was not to bad to cut. That was the 1st intricate project I had done. I am by no means proficiant in the scroll saw. My experiance is about 2 dozen projects for this past Christmas. I didnt get the gears right the 1st time. I did have to remake part of them. But over all it was pretty easy once you got the hang of it. I can say that I am improving lots on the gears now. My problem is work gets in the way of my wanting to cut more on the saw.

Ronnie

Comment

Congratulations Ronnie wooden clocks are always a challenge. The MLT 13 and Genesis are on my to do list but work keeps getting in the way. How did you do the numbers on the gears?
                    Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Well I started out by getting the stamps (1/2") from harbor freight thinking I would heat them with a torch and burn them in. That did a great job, just was taking longer than I wanted. So I then took rubber mallet and stamped the numbers in the wood and took a sharpie marker and colored them in.

Ronnie

Comment

Good job Ronnie.

I love wooden gear clocks. I have built one so far, but I cheated. Bought a kit with all parts lazer cut.
                        Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                          by will8989
                          The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                          Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by will8989
                          Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                        • tgiro01
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by tgiro01
                          Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                          Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                          Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Plastic puzzle
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                          Yesterday, 06:38 PM
                        Working...
                        X