Senior Class Gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Class Gift

I haven't posted in a while, but senior year is really busy and I haven't had much time. The project I am working on now is my senior class's gift to our school. It is a very large intarsia tiger that I am taking from the picture below. It will be about forty inches tall and fifty inches wide. Any tips about taking on large projects would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kyle
    Attached Files
    Sir, I have not yet begun to fight!
    ~ John Paul Jones

Kyle

That is quite a project to take on. A lot of parts to fit together.

I made one of Kathy Wise's pattern of a tiger with a small tiger in the grass. I spent a lot of time cutting and fitting the pieces together. I thought I would never get it done. I did cut a couple of pieces twice to get the parts to fit good.

How far along are you on your project? I may have some tips that I use to fit parts together.

waynemn

Comment

That pic looks to have a copyright on it, not sure if you've done it already but my first tip would be to get his permission to render it if you haven't done so,just my 1/2 pennies worth.Jerry
      Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

DukeNukem- I checked his site for the copyright regulations, and it said that educational use was okay as long as I post a photo credit with it. There is going to be a plaque with my name and the date on it and I can easily put his name on it too.

Waynemn- I have the pattern made, but I am waiting for administration to figure out how to buy the materials, and I've been waiting for about a month.
        ~ John Paul Jones

Comment

Kyle - very ambitious project. Keep us updated on your progress.
          Fred
          aka Pop's Shop
          Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

Here is what I have done so far. Hope you like it.
            ~Kyle
            Attached Files
            ~ John Paul Jones

Comment

wowzers! That is a good looken start.
              I'm only an admirer of intarsia, and I really admire your work on this.
              Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
              Desert Woodcrafters
              Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

This is amazing already. I hope one day I can get involved in something this nice !

Great work!

Comment

Kyle that is a nice start to your piece..
                  Hawaiilad
                  Larry

Comment

Nice project, can't wait to see that one finished!
                    ---Joel; Central MD...rookie empter nester and getting back into woodworking!

Comment

Thanks all for the compliments, hopefully I can finish it before graduation.
                      ~ John Paul Jones

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to Plastic puzzle
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                        Today, 06:38 PM
                      • Jim Finn
                        Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                        by Jim Finn
                        The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                        Today, 04:48 PM
                      • MidMich324
                        Reply to Plastic puzzle
                        by MidMich324
                        Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                        Today, 03:57 PM
                      • RJweb
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by RJweb
                        As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                        Today, 03:42 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Farmers market "survey"
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                        I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                        For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                        Today, 11:14 AM
                      Working...
                      X