my WIP stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my WIP stuff...

here's some of my WIP stuff....dragons and mini birds & mini birdhouse...the ladies at the vet's office went crazy over the mini's...all i heard was..."CHA-CHING, CHA-CHING"....GRINZ
    Attached Files

super duper cutting. I really like making that dragon too. I used ink scape to enlarge it so I could cut a mantel sized one. Still have the pattern but not cut yet.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Tim,

I still have two of those dragons on my front hall table, cut years ago. A friend gave me a thick piece of beveled glass to use to display them. One was dyed red, which really looks cool, and the other was left natural oak. They were fun to cut, but a challenge. Best way I know to develop good cutting skills.

Glad your work was such a success!
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

miss carole, you’re so right about the ‘fun challenge’, but when i’m cuttin, i’m so relaxed, specially with the ‘girls’ playin…*Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, & Adele*….i used marblewood, and that was a challenge within itself

Comment

Nice work tagordy, I thought the dragons were oak at first, hehe, we don't see so many varieties of wood over here too often unless one goes searching the wood turning sites.
          The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

sunlion, i found the marblewood at my woodcraft store…when i first started scrollin, i had read in a magazine somewhere that the best lookin stuff, would come from the woods with the best lookin grains, well i bought the piece of wood, and when i came home with it, was ready to cut right away, only to find out the ‘cheap’ blades would barely cut thru it….then i got smart and got me a few FD blades, and retried cuttin the wood…much, MUCH easier…well now, until i sell some stuff, i’ll be usin the less expensive woods

Comment

Sweeeet cuts Tim, your on a roll.
              Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Very nice Tim
                Hawaiilad
                Larry

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Tim ; great job , people love this kind of work ...........
                    Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

It is about dang time you got some sawdust makin time in...Good for you and really glad to see you back postin again.
                      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

and even more good news…wife got released to ride her horses again, which means even more shop time…woooooooooooohhhhooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !

Comment

i found a wabbit today

i found this wabbit in my shop today, then, she went to a corner and had 3 babies....smiles
                          Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by Rolf
                            Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                            That is...
                            Today, 08:15 AM
                          • Jimern
                            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                            by Jimern
                            The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                            Today, 06:29 AM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                            by will8989
                            The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                            Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Farmers market
                            by will8989
                            Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                            Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                          • tgiro01
                            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by tgiro01
                            Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                            Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                          Working...
                          X