Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stephenD
    replied
    Super job! I like that pattern too. I have cut a few of those and folks really like em.

Leave a comment:

• Sunlion
    replied
    Massive leap from your first attempts flagrl, keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• fireglass
    replied
    Looking Good!! Everyone wants to push the wood when they frist start out and Popular is easyer to cut then Pine. Lance

Leave a comment:

• KarlB
    replied
    Way to go! Making progress. Keep it up!

Karl

Leave a comment:

• flagrl
    replied
    i think it is pine im not sure i totally forgot. it was the first time cutting with this wood i have been cutting with popular. i dont like this wood as much it chipped and broke off easier

Leave a comment:

• bubbantenn
    replied
    Very nice project. Looks like a nice piece of pine(?). Once you can use pinless blades and your blade choices increase dramatically you will see a significant amount of improvement in your projects.

Bubba

Leave a comment:

• flagrl
    replied
    thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! i was surprised i did so good know where i want to improve but that will come with practise. i lifted the back of the scroll up like someone suggested on here and it worked like a charm. plus i forced myself not to rush, that is a major problem for me, at spots i did and you could tell but i am learning not to. i cant wait to get the conversion kit so i can use pinless and better blades.
    Last edited by flagrl; 01-09-2012, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    Look at the progress you are making already. You should be very pleased. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• flagrl
    started a topic a dragon plaque

a dragon plaque

i just got finished with it, well im not done i need to sand it and might stain it and put a back on it. i learned alot, most importantly not to rush i tend to push the wood thru, been breaking blades, but here it is
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mtwoodguy
    Reply to Hi All
    by mtwoodguy
    Welcome Ian from Reno Nevada! Glad to have you aboard. Some saws can be frustrating, and others we love. Lots of help available here.
    Today, 03:11 PM
  • Kingpin
    Hi All
    by Kingpin
    Hello Everyone, Just joined and wanted to say hi I am Ian from England, Been working with wood most of My life in one form or another and only recently acquired a cheap little saw that I am yet to use in anger
    Today, 12:53 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Bruce’s new toys
    by Linda In Phoenix
    $35 was a great price no matter what. Bruce definitely scored big time. And by the same token, the wife found new homes for her hubby's stuff that she had no use for. I'd rather sell cheap to someone who may actually use them than any other purpose.
    Today, 10:54 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to Bruce’s new toys
    by will8989
    After cleaning the wheel and going through the drawers he found all the attachments/tools that came with the grinder. He priced everything and it was $500 plus. A member was selling the tools tor the wife of a member whose husband died last year. You think SLRA is picky with measuring, you should see...
    Today, 10:22 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Original DW-788 Dewalt scroll saw made by Excalibur & sold by Sommerville
    by NC Scroller
    Yes, there is a market for the original. I think there are a couple other FL scrollers on this site. There are also a few on the Scrollsaw Village site. I would try scroll saw sites before I attempt Facebook Market Place or Craigslist....
    Today, 09:47 AM
Working...
X