a dragon plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a dragon plaque

i just got finished with it, well im not done i need to sand it and might stain it and put a back on it. i learned alot, most importantly not to rush i tend to push the wood thru, been breaking blades, but here it is
    Attached Files

Look at the progress you are making already. You should be very pleased. Keep up the good work.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! i was surprised i did so good know where i want to improve but that will come with practise. i lifted the back of the scroll up like someone suggested on here and it worked like a charm. plus i forced myself not to rush, that is a major problem for me, at spots i did and you could tell but i am learning not to. i cant wait to get the conversion kit so i can use pinless and better blades.
      Last edited by flagrl; 01-09-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Very nice project. Looks like a nice piece of pine(?). Once you can use pinless blades and your blade choices increase dramatically you will see a significant amount of improvement in your projects.

Bubba
        "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

i think it is pine im not sure i totally forgot. it was the first time cutting with this wood i have been cutting with popular. i dont like this wood as much it chipped and broke off easier

Comment

Way to go! Making progress. Keep it up!

Karl
            Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Looking Good!! Everyone wants to push the wood when they frist start out and Popular is easyer to cut then Pine. Lance

Comment

Massive leap from your first attempts flagrl, keep it up.
                The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Super job! I like that pattern too. I have cut a few of those and folks really like em.
                  Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                  Desert Woodcrafters
                  Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                    New Toy!
                    by Rolf
                    A family friends father passed away and he was an avid bird carver. So my nephew is helping the family sell some of his tools. I bought this air cleaner and will b uy most of his carving knives and burrs. And no that is not my workshop! Not even close. ...
                    Today, 04:47 PM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
                    by Rolf
                    I just did a quick job on my table. Charles Hand has noticed that the adhesive on the new rolls of Contact brand shelf paper leaves a residue. He has changed to The duck brand. I just bought a roll and covered my table with it. It is a tough slick surface. It will be interesting to see how it holds...
                    Today, 04:44 PM
                  • axor
                    Reply to Shawl pins
                    by axor

Yes, they can be used for hair. If they are made a little larger than the original, the shawl pins will work great in the hair!...
                    Today, 03:21 PM
                  • handibunny
                    by handibunny
                    Rolf, smaller bowl-cutting angles, 30˚ or less, usually don't present a problem either with vibration or for cutting into the table. It's when you get into the 40˚ and 45˚ range that things get dicey for both. (The Seyco saw doesn't even cut bevels greater than 35˚ or so!) If you add even a slight...
                    Today, 09:21 AM
                  • Bill Wilson
                    by Bill Wilson
                    I've done some bevel cutting on my EX-21 as well and also have not experienced any added vibration, nor have I cut into the table. Perhaps I haven't cut at a steep enough angle, but the existing blade hole has been sufficient. I do despise the useless vacuum holes, but I've learned to live with them...
                    Today, 09:06 AM
                  Working...
                  X