a dragon plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a dragon plaque

i just got finished with it, well im not done i need to sand it and might stain it and put a back on it. i learned alot, most importantly not to rush i tend to push the wood thru, been breaking blades, but here it is
    Attached Files

Look at the progress you are making already. You should be very pleased. Keep up the good work.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! i was surprised i did so good know where i want to improve but that will come with practise. i lifted the back of the scroll up like someone suggested on here and it worked like a charm. plus i forced myself not to rush, that is a major problem for me, at spots i did and you could tell but i am learning not to. i cant wait to get the conversion kit so i can use pinless and better blades.
      Last edited by flagrl; 01-09-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Very nice project. Looks like a nice piece of pine(?). Once you can use pinless blades and your blade choices increase dramatically you will see a significant amount of improvement in your projects.

Bubba
        "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

i think it is pine im not sure i totally forgot. it was the first time cutting with this wood i have been cutting with popular. i dont like this wood as much it chipped and broke off easier

Comment

Way to go! Making progress. Keep it up!

Karl
            Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Looking Good!! Everyone wants to push the wood when they frist start out and Popular is easyer to cut then Pine. Lance

Comment

Massive leap from your first attempts flagrl, keep it up.
                The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Super job! I like that pattern too. I have cut a few of those and folks really like em.
                  Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                  Desert Woodcrafters
                  Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Rolf
                    So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                    I like the fact...
                    Today, 08:34 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                    Today, 08:17 AM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by Sandy Oaks
                    Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
                    Today, 08:17 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by Rolf
                    Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
                    Today, 08:10 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Supermax
                    by NC Scroller
                    Two great customer service stories on this forum in a week. There is hope. Even in 2020.
                    Today, 08:00 AM
                  Working...
                  X