first project and work area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first project and work area

i have only made one inside cut as i ran into a problem. but this is what i got so far. this is my first project. its not a good pic but here it is
    IMG_0732.jpg picture by flagrl17 - Photobucket
    IMG_0731.jpg picture by flagrl17 - Photobucket
    IMG_0730.jpg picture by flagrl17 - Photobucket

What is the problem you ran into to make you stop?
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I have to go along with Scott what was the problem that caused you to stop.
      sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
      To all who serve or have served, Thank you
      Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

i have pin blades and i have to make a too big a hole to fit them thru. when i bought my saw i was told to get pinless. i saw it took pin blades and i thought the only 2 were pinless and plain so i thought i got the right kind but i didnt

Comment

ok i fiished my first little project. it sucks. but i learned a lot from it and will do better next time, i hope

Comment

If your saw does not take both types it is time for a new saw. SORRY. Pin type blades eliminated a lot of potential projects.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I like your project so far. I hope you get the saw problem worked out, I'd hate for you to get discouraged.

Just a tip...

Here is the preferred way to post photos. This method will apply a thumbnail so that messages load faster, keeping those who are still on dial up in mind.

If it is a new thread scroll down below the message box to additional options and look for manage attachments,Click on Manage Attachments, click Browse, find your file name on your computer, click it, then click Upload. It may take a few seconds to load.
              Once you see the file name under current attachments you can close the window.
              If you want you can Preview Post (a wise choice) then if all is well, click on Submit reply.

If you are uploading a picture to an existing thread (conversation)
              Click on the Go Advanced button under the reply box, Click on Manage Attachments, click Browse, find your file name on your computer, click it, then click Upload. It may take a few seconds to load.
              Once you see the file name under current attachments you can close the window.
              If you want you can Preview Post (a wise choice) then if all is well, click on Submit reply.
              Good luck
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

oh thank you about the pics. i screwed up that pattern but i did learn from them and i made 2 more pics will be added tonight,hopefully, they are just easy ones. a fox, and a smile keychain. i beilieve i got both from mikes scrollsaw workshop. they are better than my hummingbird
                Last edited by flagrl; 01-08-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

here are my projects
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just a little more attention to detail and finish sanding and you are on your way. Nicely done.
                    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

yea i havent sanded them the key chain broke when i was cutting off the last little piece it kinda acted up and broke it but i glued it back together. thank you for your advice i will pay more attention to detail. and the fox i got on here sorry about that

Comment

First of all don't get discouraged: The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

You've done well for a beginning.

A couple of suggestions:

Be sure to get right in using pin less blades, they will help in the more intricate patterns.

It looks like you might need to get your saw closer to your seat. Maybe move that center cabinet back a bit more to get closer.

Try raising the back of your saw up with a 2 x 4 or two on their sides (1 1/2" - 3"). This will get you to seeing your project square on.

Take your time and let your blade do the work.

There are just my observations, you'll get the hang of it with more practice.

Take care, have fun and enjoy the ride.

Karl
                        Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

thank you i will try your suggestions and see if it will help. i am trying to get a conversion kit for my scroll saw so i can use pinless. hopefully i can buy it this week

Comment

I am also a newbie when it comes to scrollsawing flagrl, and it does take some getting used to. But you have had some good advice here and in other threads.

Just take your time and practice some inside and outside cuts on scrap wood. As mentioned let the blade do the work, take your time, dont push the job onto the blade too hard etc.

Good luck with your conversion, pinless blades will make a big difference and you can get various sizes to suit different woods. Mikes website also has some good info on it regarding blade sizes and such.

I struggle with striaght lines, some others with curved, but with practice it will get easier. get some pin files too, they are pretty good at getting a kink or two out of a cut before sanding and they are pretty cheap.

All in all enjoy the learning curve and don't let it frustrate you, hehe, I bet every good scrollsawer on every site has been there. I know I am climbing the curve too, but I am happy to learn from my mistakes, they will teach me plenty.

Good luck.
                            The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X