Firetruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firetruck

Here is one of my projects to give away around christmas to a 2 year old twin and their 5 year old brother. It is based on the truck in the book 'Making Heirloom Toys' from Jim Makowicki, but with several designchanges to the cabin and the pump/firehose. I also made the wheels a bit wider, aspecially on the back so it looks more robust.

Still need to add bumpers and fenders, but almost done. With 45 cm long it is quite a heavy toy. I made it from beech which adds to the weight, it is now around 1,5 kg.

Your comments are welcome because this is my first serious project and would like to hear some opinions.

Bob
    Attached Files
    edited

Coming along very nicely.
    Dan

My Gallery

Comment

Very well done DR. It looks like it will become a family heirloom. The larger wheels on the back make it look like a heavier truck

Larry

Comment

Fenders and bumpers were added, along with 2 coats of clear lacquer. It turned out with a nice glow.

Thanks for looking.
        Attached Files
        edited

Comment

nice job, that's a great looking fire truck Bob....

Trout
          Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
          Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Nice clean job, well done.
            The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Very nice job on construction and design changes Dr. Bob. Excellent choice of wood and finish. They will both stand up to a lot of use of the years. That is a great book of projects.

george
              A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Nice looking truck Bob.
                Learning the art of scroll saw.

Comment

Beautiful workmanship! Those kids will love them!
                  DeWalt 788

Comment

Great Work

Great Job Doc will you paint or put on a clear finish.
                    What sort of timber is it made from ! In Australia there is a lot of hard wood milled, although there is also native pine forests here as well.
                    Toys and models are my thing. If you don't mind me asking where could I obtain the plans of the fire engine or is it done from your own design. I would like to make it for my grandson of which there are two so that would be two fire engines.
                    This is only the start of my journey with this forum I have ententions of putting some pics up of my past projects and a little about them.

Have a happy and safe christmas Doc to you and you family Col

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by Rolf
                      Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                      That is...
                      Today, 08:15 AM
                    • Jimern
                      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                      by Jimern
                      The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                      Today, 06:29 AM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                      by will8989
                      The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                      Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Farmers market
                      by will8989
                      Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                      Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                    • tgiro01
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by tgiro01
                      Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                      Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                    Working...
                    X