Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Finn
    replied
    Another way to fill those small gaps is to mix sawdust (powder from orbital sander) with sanding sealer and rub it in and let dry and sand off the excess. This has the advantage of : if you miss sanding some of it off it will not show up when you finish it, like glue will.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    A little glue rubbed into the gaps and then sand the piece flat( while the glue is still wet). The sawdust will get sucked into the glue and the gap won't be as noticable. I think cutting the veins at the same time as the inlay in this case is fine.
    T

Leave a comment:

• fireglass
    started a topic Inlay?

Inlay?

I cut vine lines in frist then did the inlay.As you can see it's not as tight as I would like it.Should I have cut the outline for the inlay frist then cut the vine lines then guled it up? Or do the inlay then would burn the lines I want? Thank for any help,Lance
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• vgraf
    Wood identification needed
    by vgraf
    I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
    Today, 09:31 PM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to Need advice...
    by Jim McDonald
    Thanks Carole!
    Today, 10:19 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
    by will8989
    SLRA does a “spot” check. He’s lucky I’m keeping him around. It was free with a purchase at harbor freight. When people pick up a basket to examine, usually first time customers, they inspect everything for glue ups, drill holes, etc. of course, I don’t think half of them know what they are...
    Today, 09:08 AM
  • Rolf
    by Rolf
    Interesting, I will nee to try that.
    Today, 08:01 AM
  • handibunny
    by handibunny
    Back in my days of collecting antique pottery, I used to carry a a small blacklight unit to check for repairs that were invisible to the naked eye. I never knew that it could detect glue spots. That's a lot neater than using mineral spirits, or waiting until a sealer coat of shellac reveals missed...
    Today, 06:22 AM
Working...
X