Razorback Bench { almost finished }

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razorback Bench { almost finished }

My son's Christmas present is almost finished except for a couple of coats of finish . I picked up a couple of these 50 year old pews from a Funeral home thats re-modeling and giving these 10' pews away to people thatwould not going to re-sale them . Well they saved me some cash that I'd already gotton the material at Lowe's - well I'll take it back too . I cut this pew down to 5' and stripped off all the old finish and have it stained now and awaiting the clear coats of polly [ This pew has some beautiful Oak } I free handed the razorback with the router-with the help of a pattern and stencil paper . Any comments are welcome ........MB
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marshall; 11-23-2011, 05:37 PM.
    Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

A GREAT job - and pure creative genius, along with a bit of luck in being able to score the pew for free!

Comment

Tidy job. I especially like the routing, really sets it off.
      Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Ahhhh. the razorback hog. No doubt, you are from Arkansas.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• vgraf
          Reply to A Bear In The Woods
          by vgraf
          Very impressive.
          I'm a little slow......took me a bit to find the bear.😅
          Today, 12:03 PM
        • stephenD
          Reply to A new toy.
          by stephenD
          Well, yesterday, I shot my 18 in the morning. The grands came over and I got one of em to try it out. I had to demonstrate so I got another 12 or so in. Last night I finished up with 90 for the day. Going to challenge myself to one hundred arrows a day for one hundred days. Made an excel spreadsheet...
          Today, 10:34 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to A new toy.
          by Rolf
          That will make Bruce nervous!...
          Today, 08:07 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Need suggestions or a bit of guidance
          by Rolf
          For me to write something like this with my woodburner, even with the fine ball tip pens, is just not possible for me. The variations in the wood grain really complicate things.
          The laser doesn't care about grain....
          Today, 08:05 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to A new toy.
          by will8989
          A few weeks ago Elliott was looking around and saw a bow and arrows in the rafters in the basement. PopPop I didn’t know you had a bow and arrow. I don’t. It’s Mimi’s. Been a long time since I used it. Maybe I should get it out again.
          Today, 08:01 AM
        Working...
        X