Making Jelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Jelly

I hope you enjoyed another adventure in my crazy world of being an artist! Thanx for letting me share and any comments, suggestions or criticism is welcomed!
    Attached Files
    ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Kim I do so enjoy your posts. After my initial "Nah that won't work" when I read your rays WIP, I managed to keep my sceptisism in check.

I was wise to, it will look great - I know it.

Good Luck
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Thanx Mayo for your kind comments! I know what you mean...every time I start one of these crazy projects I wonder "what was I thinking!?! Then when they turn out better than expected I puff up and say "That's exactly what I was thinking!" - lol!
      ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Superb. Once again. You need to stop setting the bar quite so high...You will get a nosebleed from the altitude before long.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

It is so much fun to see the things you come up with...!!!
          This looks like it's going to be amazing...!!!

Thanks for taking us on the journey....
          Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
          No task is too tedious for Art.
          Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
          Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Yup, that's gona be another dandy. Thanks for sharing it with us.
            Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
            Desert Woodcrafters
            Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

I didn't quit under stand the barb wire project until I saw it finished so now I can't wait to see this one done...

I hope you didn't melt the lizard too....

Trout
              Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
              Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Mike - Nah...ya gotta keep reaching for them stars...maybe one day I will be a 'superstar' - lol! However, I will watch out for those nosebleeds - hee hee

Jim - Thanx a bunch!!! I still need to get back to "Mischievous Grace'...but my orders come first so maybe after the holidays. Did you figure out the subject yet? Glad you joined me on my journey!

StephenD - thanx for the kind comments and thanx for taking the time to follow along. Hoping to have some more photos/progress posted by the end of the weekend.

Trout - I know the title 'Liquid Barb Wire' kinda threw people off...and didn't really get it, but that's what makes them so much fun...making your imagination work overtime. The lady that commissioned the jelly stopped by today to see the progress. When I went to show her the strands of glass beads I didn't see the lizard (evidently he decided to take up residency) and he jumped on my bench...kinda startled us both as I did not see him. Hung the beads back up and within the hour he was back to hanging out...go figure! So I promise not to melt him...however, he might just become another addition to the jelly - lol!

Thanx again everyone for following my progress and the kind comments!
                ~ Kim

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

It's a real stinger...

In my initial post I discussed the beginning construction. So here's somewhat of how the remaining process went:

Lighting - spend hours on internet researching light sources, spend more hours and gas going to local stores, buying several lighting systems, taking them apart and trying to rewire them so they work for what I need...oh, did I ever tell you that I am NOT an electrician!?! Now I have a pile of designer dismantled light systems...perhaps I will find a use for them somewhere down the line as I don't think they will make good firewood ;-0 But have faith, there will be light at the end of the tunnel, or under the jelly fish! After going thru several different types I was shocked to find the best one (for my purpose) at Wally World made for under cabinets; battery operated, remote control, led light bar...oofta, say that three times!

Thanx for following me along, any and all comments, criticisms and such are welcome!

HEAUX, HEAUX, HEAUX & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!
                  Attached Files
                  ~ Kim

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Looks great Kim. Like the textures you got in there. Bet they will love it.
                    The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Well done. The work of a true artist. I can only copy while you can innovate

Comment

Oh Wow! Kim!! He looks fantastic!
                        I don't know how you do it - not only coming up with the designs but figuring out how to light it too. Great job!
                        T
                        Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

That's amazing, Kim! You've outdone yourself..........again.

Jan

Comment

Well amazing has been used, so...Superb!
                            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I don't think anyone's said you're nuts...
                              I can't imagine what is going on in that head...
                              Just Brilliant Kim...!!!

I think whoever it's for is going to love the remote control feature...

Ok, I'll just finish with a hearty...WOW!!!!!
                              Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                              No task is too tedious for Art.
                              Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                              Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X